Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Highlander - 2006 Matrix
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gave my new 2019 Highlander a wash and wax and noticed that there is PPF installed on the front and rear bumpers. Is this from the factory, or did one of the dealers that had this car have it installed? The PPF was obviously machine cut, not put on and cut by hand. I was considering adding PPF here and there, so this is good news for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just thinking what you might be looking at are the Mold Marks. They appear at either side if the bumpers and one would think that it is PPF covering but it not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just gave my new 2019 Highlander a wash and wax and noticed that there is PPF installed on the front and rear bumpers. Is this from the factory, or did one of the dealers that had this car have it installed? The PPF was obviously machine cut, not put on and cut by hand. I was considering adding PPF here and there, so this is good news for me.
Call me crazy but on our white HiHy that film looked horrible with dirt collecting all around the edges. I removed ours. Pretty sure it’s dealer installed.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Call me crazy but on our white HiHy that film looked horrible with dirt collecting all around the edges. I removed ours. Pretty sure it’s dealer installed.
The dirt collection around the edges were do to "minor" adhesive seepage which can be fixed by 1st clean the dirt off, 2nd thoroughly dry the edges, 3rd apply wax then buff/whip-off around the edge to seal the edges. In your case removed them is also a good thing, as some low life probably sold you some low quality stuff or has been in storage for quite some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts