Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am approaching my 1 year with the Camry. The Toyota safety connect service is about to expire.

Should I renew? How many of you have used it? If I have a smartphone, why should I bother with the expense of safety connect?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think it's depend on the route you travel. I would buy if my Sienna have that as an option. I use the Sienna for long distance travel, and usually less busy road (CA 395). If you get in an accident, no one knows.

On the Camry, I don't need it. I use this car to commute to work. 99.9% of the time is I can't go faster than 60MPG. If I involve in an accident, I'm sure at least one person out of million around will call 911.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE 6Cyl.
555 Posts
I don't remember this even being offered on my vehicle? 2012 SE with convenience package, DA/NAV, and every option I could get...So I thought?

·
Joined the dark side. :D
X - Camry '07 SE
8,837 Posts
All the "If" and "would" and "might" that you will never use and pay 3 arms and 5 legs for them.

Use your cell phone, it's cheaper. And just a bit nut, I put a spare phone in my trunk. The battery sits outside of the phone fully charged. Just pop it in and 911 is available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Prius Prime. If I don't extend my expiring subscription, does Toyota disable my car apps or Entune 1.0 that I use now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts