Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am ready to pull the trigger on a new camry i4 LE auto.....is the tranny hesitation fixed ??? I am getting dealer offer around 18,600 plus ttl ---> 20,380 OTD in so cal....msrp 21600.. it is a good deal i would think but I am worried after reading yahoo reviews...everyine is bithcing about tranny, i dont want this to be a bad buy ...

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
its all good......

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
No problems with the 5 speed auto. now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so a new one just delivered on the lot should be OK, will a 15 min test drive reveal any issues?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Eyekutr said:
I am ready to pull the trigger on a new camry i4 LE auto.....is the tranny hesitation fixed ??? I am getting dealer offer around 18,600 plus ttl ---> 20,380 OTD in so cal....msrp 21600.. it is a good deal i would think but I am worried after reading yahoo reviews...everyine is bithcing about tranny, i dont want this to be a bad buy ...
No problem with mine. btw, have you noticed that many of those yahoo reviews seem eerily similar? In wording, grammer, phrasing? Almost like it was the same people posting over and over again. No... it couldn't be.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just read edmunds reviews, similar issues with trans hesitation and shifting alot using CC

·
Toyota Collector
11,971 Posts
drjames said:
No problem with mine. btw, have you noticed that many of those yahoo reviews seem eerily similar? In wording, grammer, phrasing? Almost like it was the same people posting over and over again. No... it couldn't be.
Some of the reviews are FAKE. I really didn't believe it at first, or didn't want to believe anyone would actually do that. But after reading user reviews on the 2007 Camry and also reading reviews of other Toyota's it became clear that one person or a few people were writing the fake reviews. I found a review (wish I would have saved the links) for the 07 Camry and then read a review for a different Toyota model, and the review was nearly identical. Also, some of the reviews just have plain wrong information that someone who actually owned the vehicle would never say. A dead giveaway was in several of the reviews, the user basically stated they wished they had never purchased a Toyota, and then specifically stated they were going to go back to a GM auto. Sure, nice try Mr. GM marketing guy.

As for the tranny problems, I think it's a safe bet the problems have been fixed and you should have nothing to worry about.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
238 Posts
71Corolla said:
<snip>
As for the tranny problems, I think it's a safe bet the problems have been fixed and you should have nothing to worry about.
I can only speak for the 2007 Camry V6 with the 6 speed automatic.
There are people still having problems with them, and I'm one.
I'm sure Toyota will figure it out, but they haven't yet indicated they have a solution yet.

As to the 4 cyclinder 2007 Camrys, from what I read they seem to be solving the issues with them, but I have no personal experience.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
2007 V6 6-speed... driven about 70 miles per day... purchased in early November... absolutely no problems whatsoever.

·
LEmon V6
LEmon
211 Posts
Eyekutr said:
so a new one just delivered on the lot should be OK, will a 15 min test drive reveal any issues?
Not really, just remember all those people on yahoo did test drives and nothing happened. Most flares started 800-1200 miles out. However, a loner I had last week had 10 miles on it and the build date was 12/06 from the Kentucky plant and it exhibited the flare issue. FYI, buyer be ware.

Also, that seems to be a pretty good deal. I have even noticed a dealer here advertising a $2000 rebate on the 07 Camry. Makes you wonder why they are trying to unload all of a sudden with deals and good rebates.:naughty:

·
LEmon V6
LEmon
211 Posts
71Corolla said:
Some of the reviews are FAKE. I really didn't believe it at first, or didn't want to believe anyone would actually do that. But after reading user reviews on the 2007 Camry and also reading reviews of other Toyota's it became clear that one person or a few people were writing the fake reviews. I found a review (wish I would have saved the links) for the 07 Camry and then read a review for a different Toyota model, and the review was nearly identical. Also, some of the reviews just have plain wrong information that someone who actually owned the vehicle would never say. A dead giveaway was in several of the reviews, the user basically stated they wished they had never purchased a Toyota, and then specifically stated they were going to go back to a GM auto. Sure, nice try Mr. GM marketing guy.

By your post, I would have to wonder if you were a PR person for Toyota. I on the other hand, have documented problems with my 07 Camry that have not been fixed, even with the new tranny installed in Dec. There is nothing wrong with a person saying that they will return to whatever car make they had prior to purchasing a Toyota. As a matter of fact, I have previously owned Nissans and plan to return to Nissan as soon as I get rid of my 07 Camry that Toyota has no clue on how to fix!

Now, does the wording to my post sound familiar to the ones on Yahoo and Edmunds too?

·
LITG8R
21 Posts
I have a I4 automatic (build date May 2006) and had a flare between 3rd - 4th. Last week, I had the 9-29-2006 TSB performed at the dealer and the flare is gone. Shifts are great now.

·
Old TN User
62 Posts
Haven't had any trouble with the transmission on my 07 LE I4 (November build). The car is really nice. Drives and rides perfectly, and does have plenty of power.

My only complaint is the interior lighting. The center radio/AC controls are way too bright. They can be dimmed, but the same control dims the gage cluster. For me, in order to have the radio dimed enough to not be a bright distraction, the gage cluster is so dim you can't even see it. Dealer says that how it is and there's nothing they can do. Luckily, I don't drive too much after dark.

If you can, especially if you do a lot of driving after dark, take one out for a test dirve after dark.

Other than that... a really nice car.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
I have 07 LE I4 build in March 2006. Had hesitation when making a right and/or left turn. Also had harsh downshift when exiting freeway (from 70mph to 30 mph the downshift was harsh) I went in for a TSB done for both the hesitation (ECU Flash) and TSB done for Harsh downshift (mechanic replaced a valve ring) Everything is all good now. I've been driven for over 2,000 miles since the TSB was done. Smooth acceleration and downshift :)
If you buy a new car now it should be no problem. (I hope...but if you do Toyota will take care of you)
Lammydi

·
it pays to floss
07 White Camry LE
1,311 Posts
sounds like a good price/offer that you got on that car. i purchased my I4 LE with a lip spoiler for 21,500 and an extended warranty. right now, I only have about 300 miles but have not experienced any problems with the tranny...yet lol just these damn easy paint chips..

overall, VERY smooth ride. second best car I have driven lately, second to my Subaru.

·
Toyota Collector
11,971 Posts
Midnight2 said:
By your post, I would have to wonder if you were a PR person for Toyota.
LOL, no I'm not a Toyota PR drone. If you read my posts(s) about me bailing out of purchasing a new Camry it will be pretty obvious.

I based my answer on my personal experience with driving 3 different 07 Camry's, both brand new and with a few clicks, and reading other peoples experiences.

Now, does the wording to my post sound familiar to the ones on Yahoo and Edmunds too?
:clap: yes, yes it does. You are a viral marketing robot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is scary

Some new guy may be buying a Camary based on the advice here.

so please give him the truth......

The Camary has a big problem with many of its transmisions.

The full extent is not clear at this point because of much disinformation.

It may not show up for 1000 miles and Toyota has not been able to fix it.

You buy a new Camary and you are taking a big chance right now.

Blind loyalty to a brand helps no one.

·
Registered
508 Posts
binmack said:
This is scary

Some new guy may be buying a Camary based on the advice here.
so please give him the truth......

The Camary has a big problem with many of its transmisions.
The full extent is not clear at this point because of much disinformation.
It may not show up for 1000 miles and Toyota has not been able to fix it.
You buy a new Camary and you are taking a big chance right now.
Blind loyalty to a brand helps no one.
He's asking about the 5A tranny, which following TSB EG056-06, has not been complained about. Do you know of anyone who's bought an 07 Camry I4 5A after the October changes who have experienced the "hesitation" issues that some complained about?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts