Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
l`m new to this forum but my interest is in performance tweaks,specifically turbo tweaks.l have an 86 SR5 turbo 4/4.Any help appreciated here as my other posts generated a big ZIP,except for a moderator who had only to say that "cross posting not allowed".thanks amigos and if there`s a forum out there dedicated to Toyota mods please let me know

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
your problem is that your posting in the wrong areas, and this forum has more members that have Toyota cars, not Trucks, which i assume is what your 86 sr5 4/4 is. SR5 doesnt really tell us much, there is a SR5 truck, SUV, and the Sr5 corrola.

if it is a truck, post in the truck forum, you may get better responce there.

And as for a more active site, this IS the most active forum ive ever been on. assuming you have a Sr5 truck, try 4x4 forums and ask those guys that know the truck specifically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks amigos,l guess l`m expecting a lot coming from the Porsche forums.The turbo toyota`s are pretty rare too so finding someone who`s into modding them is a shot in the dark it seems..

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
Or go to www.yotatech.com or maybe 4x4wire.com
Those are truck and suv only forums and get a lot of action. But still, the 22RET is not all that commonly tweaked. Not really rare, per se, but not a lot of people mess with it cuz there are easier ways to power than the 22RET as a base. You can still do pretty good with it though. Also, check out LCEngineering. They are the 22R kings.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
raceman said:
thanks amigos,l guess l`m expecting a lot coming from the Porsche forums.The turbo toyota`s are pretty rare too so finding someone who`s into modding them is a shot in the dark it seems..
There's tons of turbo talk here. Just not on your vehicle. Everyone on here is trying to fine tune their cars. But the key word I used is "cars". Not a lot of trucks on here. And most of the people who do own trucks aren't on here too regular.

Sorry :dunno:

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
Try Tundra solutions...BEST Toyota truck site there is I believe.
Very professionally moderated. You can lurk there, but to post you must join. ($20 I think) Similar in many ways to this site ie: has forums for different model trucks. The crowd there is a bit older tho'....More in my age group (40+) But LOTS of info there.
The people here are friendly, totally into thier cars, (Many on show and/or go circuits) Mods do a dang good job, and best of all this site remains free!!!
Im not bustin' yer chops, but a friendlier approach might help too rather than putting down the mods or making statements like "Coming from the Porsche boards I guess im expecting alot".
Us bottom feeders are kinda touchy about stuff like that... j/k :D
MCTOY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for everything amigos,very helpful so far.l didn`t mean to come off like a Porsche driving a$$hole,it`s just that on the Porsche forums there is more performance oriented mods for obvious reasons.l think this forum is just as well structured and run as any other and better then most.Thanks to the responses so far l`ve found some great links and l`m on my way to getting this thing fixed.l took the head off,eeeek! Blown head gasket,head warped,exhaust manifold warped,all exhaust valves burnt and several manifold studs stripped.So the machine shop quotes me $550.00 for everything including the gasket set.l`m going for it,l love this truck and l`ve yet to even drive it.Stay tuned for the mods as l start reassembly this weekend.Thanks again for all the help:thumbup: :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts