Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
White and nerdy
'18 HL Limited
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more interested in spirited driving, than saving fuel- especially during my morning commute. Is there a simple way to change the default? I have seen the circuit for changing the auto shut-off feature, maybe there is one for this one as well?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you leave the center display on the place where you turn power mode on, it will stay there for next time. It will return to the default of OFF, but then a single press of the steering wheel dot button will turn it on. Pretty convenient.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Only thing that sucks about that is I'd prefer to look at the other center display options besides the lame PWR mode display.

·
6,484 Posts
Is there a simple way to change the default? I have seen the circuit for changing the auto shut-off feature, maybe there is one for this one as well?
Short answer, Nope :(
There is no physical button to hack into like the Stop/Start.
So the only way to do that would be to hack into the CANN bus and figure out which command is sent to the ECU, then record that signal and create a device to run on the CANN bus and send that signal on start up.
It would be fairly complex and a lot of work. I don't think the market to sell that specific of a device would be there to support all the R & D that would be needed for it. :(
But hey pay me enough and I will create anything for anyone!!! hahaha ;)
But that one would likely take months of work..

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd go $100 :) Probably wouldn't cover R&D beer for a week though...
How about something like a Raspberry Pi to simulate steering wheel button presses? Intercept at some connector. Program to press keys to go from any given screen to the power mode, and press the center button. I like pipe dreams...
Funman, thanks again for the S/S module. Installed a week or two ago & enjoy every day not having to remember to press the button!

·
Registered
976 Posts
So the only way to do that would be to hack into the CANN bus and figure out which command is sent to the ECU, then record that signal and create a device to run on the CANN bus and send that signal on start up.
That actually doesn't sound too bad at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts