Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Camry owner and I'm trying to replace the leaking valve cover gaskets. The car is a '93 LE. I got a Haynes manual and picked up the gaskets. When I got home and popped the hood, what I was seeing was not what was in the manual, and by the looks of it, I have the wrong set of gaskets. However, it does say 3VZ-FE on a plastic cover on the left side of the engine, so my mind is blown. In the manual there is a photo of the valve cover with six bolts that appear to have the round gaskets under them (I have six of these gaskets in the set I bought). On my car, there are no bolts like this, the bolts are further out on the edges of the cover, more like on the lip than on top of it. Also, mine does not say Toyota V6 Four Cam like the one in the photo, it's totally different. I also have an intake setup that I don't recognize from the manual with the number "3000" written on it. Can somebody tell me what's going on? I am a novice, I'm new to Toyotas, and I am confused. Thanks,

Bark

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Well there we're different heads used for the 3vz. The ones used on the 4Runner where different I believe. But no, there is no other engine. The manuals tend to put generic pictures in.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
We have the 3vz-fe DOHC 185hp. You're just looking at the wrong diagrham. The 1992-1996 Haynes book covers the 4c, 3vz-fe v6, and 1mz-fe v6 engines.

Disregard what SmokingTires said Barksquire. The DOHC 3vz-fe in the Camry never had the horrible SOHC 3vz-e heads from the trucks, thank god.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
What are you on? We have a quad-cam.

And I never said the heads where on his car. I said that was the other model 3vz that they made. I didn't say a single thing about that's what he had (notice the words "...used on the 4Runner")

Check your reading glasses:)

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
... 3vz-fe DOHC. 2 cams in a head... Two heads in a v6...
I'm correct. You have your terminology wrong, but the right number of overall cams...

Dual Over Head Cam

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
Damn right!

If anyone has seen the torque cuvre on this engine, they know it has the potential to stop the shit out of anything :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts