Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Aisin kit and everything else looks fine, but the pump has no Aisin marking on it.

For those that have gotten one lately, was that similar?

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
11,573 Posts
From where and is there a p/n on an invoice?
Heres an Image from Toyota of the Asian pump. Take a look at the impellor and finish work.
No obvious marking on the images I ran across and I didn't pay attention when I installed my last one.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
11,573 Posts
Well, as with Amazon, Ebay is a roll of the dice since both are full of knock offs and counterfeit parts.
In this case all you can rely on are reviews of the seller and they can purchase positive reviews.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen that on pumps for Honda I've bought, but there are no grinding marks on this one.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Not same motor but my Aisin kit came with the brand marked clearly on the top right. The casting on Rock is a lot nicer than yours. I don’t buy genuine parts from AMz or fleabay. Rockauto is the source for the kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
イリジウム
13,973 Posts
The first picture of the Aisin wpt-017 on rockauto has no Aisin sticker or casting, just like OP's. However, the 2nd picture has an Aisin sticker. More Information for AISIN WPT017

Therefore it could be legit. But I personally don't buy critical parts on Amazon or eBay. IMO rockauto seems to vet their distributors better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts