Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the online shopping right now for an 08,my first offer was 27,038 for a 4x4 dbl cab trd sport w/tow pkg,another dealer offered me invoice on 4x2's and 250 over invoice on any 4x4 what do you guys think?

one dealer is also telling my the TRD SUpercharger cannnot be financed WTF is up with that,any truth to it?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I am not sure if a S/C can be financed, but it sure should not be financed. Maybe that's what the dealer meant? I agree with him.

·
Registered
Tacoma PreRunner V6
1,601 Posts
that dealer is full of shit, they can finance the SC, we do it all the time.
If 6shooter says it, its truth. I've been here long enough to know He knows his shit.

Anyway
Build the truck on Costcoauto which gives you the invoice pricing on the truck and all options, and shop around to get a dealer that will sell you the truck at invoice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just figured it would be better to put the SC on a low interest auto loan than a high interest credit card,maybe its something they do idk,does the 27K sound good or is that average

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
straight from the salesmans email "Because the supercharger changes the emissions rating on the Tacoma, it still passes emission but it just puts it in a deferent emission category, Toyota will not finance it. If you want to finance the supercharger we just have to use any other lender and it will be OK."

this truck was SIC,it was one of the dealerships owners kids toy,it had the prerunner fiberglass fenders some big ass king shocks and that tubular bumper with the full size spare,3 hid lamps up front with TRD exhaust and the blower,and a nice stereo with DVD,the asking price 58,000

i'll see when i go back if i can get some pics

·
That's Just Crazy!!
284 Posts
27K for a 4x4 TRD Sport D-Cab is average.

·
Drive it like you stoleit
06 x-runnr
111 Posts
Straight from TRD USA

this is only aftermarket level emission certification however, meaning that the s c may not be installed on a new vehicle prior to sale or by prior arrangement at the time of sale and may not be financed together with the new vehicle.

·
Tacoma Enthusiast
230 Posts
I'd be weary of buying a truck like that, god only knows how bad it was beat on or what kind of abuse it went through prior to being thrown on the lot. Make sure you go over that thing with a fine tooth comb and thoroughly test drive it.

·
Drive it like you stoleit
06 x-runnr
111 Posts
this truck was SIC,it was one of the dealerships owners kids toy,it had the prerunner fiberglass fenders some big ass king shocks and that tubular bumper with the full size spare,3 hid lamps up front with TRD exhaust and the blower,and a nice stereo with DVD,the asking price 58,000
Is this the one your looking at buying?
Personally i'd stay away from promo or demo's depending on who drove it. The GM might take care of it but if his kid was driving they usually tack on rediculas costs to all the extras and beat the piss out of it then make you think your getting a hell of a deal.

Also with that S/C, I used to work for toyota and one of the techs used to work for lingenfelter(rediculas high performance vettes and GM vehicles) in the states and he told me not to look at a S/C untill you get some good miles on it, 25-30 000 kms.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah theres no way im paying 58k for a taco,thats my IS 350F right there lol..so 27k is average huh,i need to figure out if i really need a 4x4

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm looking at a DC/ LB '08 PreRunner/ possibly 4x4 and two dealers in my area told me no finance on the S/C with the truck loan :disappoin that's the only way I can do it and get it installed without the wife saying anything. Theres no way shes going to let me throw another $5k at this truck after the fact just to go faster :sosad:

-Ryan

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
....so 27k is average huh,i need to figure out if i really need a 4x4
Depends on the options added. To figure the invoice take the sticker MSRP and multiply by .87 pct. That was what I found on the website for the largest local dealer, so I figure that's about invoice and they would still make the dealer holdback. The dealer site is http://www.antwerpentoyota.com/
and after the first of the month 3/1/2008 the site has now changed he's at .92 pct of the sticker. February is a slow month, so I think that's why the prices were down.

Try to get $500 - $1000 under the invoice price. I believe that's the dealer holdback.

31K * .87 is 26,970 - $500 = $26,470 + tax, tags

Anyone disagree with the .87 pct formula? This was the best deal I could get on Feb 29th - last day of the slowest month. I wound up getting the car for about $1000 less than what Edmunds had as the invoice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Depends on the options added. To figure the invoice take the sticker MSRP and multiply by .87 pct. That was what I found on the website for the largest local dealer, so I figure that's about invoice and they would still make the dealer holdback. The dealer site is http://www.antwerpentoyota.com/
and after the first of the month 3/1/2008 the site has now changed he's at .92 pct of the sticker. February is a slow month, so I think that's why the prices were down.

Try to get $500 - $1000 under the invoice price. I believe that's the dealer holdback.

31K * .87 is 26,970 - $500 = $26,470 + tax, tags

Anyone with the .87 pct fomula? This was the best deal I could get on Feb 29th - last day of the slowest month. I wound up getting the car for about $1000 less than what Edmunds had as the invoice.
good info thanks,i just had another dealer offer to be the 27k by 500 so now i'm down to 26.5:D which i dont think is bad at all for a 4x4 Sport

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone disagree with the .87 pct formula? This was the best deal I could get on Feb 29th - last day of the slowest month. I wound up getting the car for about $1000 less than what Edmunds had as the invoice.
Who got the rebate? In Florida (part of SE Toyota Distributors) there was a $1250 rebate on 4x4 and $1500 on 4x2, Both customer cash through the end of February. Where there's rebate money, you should be able to get it at least for the amount of the rebate under invoice. I don't recall if edmunds showed the available rebate in our area but carsdirect.com did. The carsdirect "guaranteed price" for my truck was listed at $1500 below published invoice pricing ( basically dealer keeps rebate).

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
Who got the rebate? In Florida (part of SE Toyota Distributors) there was a $1250 rebate on 4x4 and $1500 on 4x2, Both customer cash through the end of February. Where there's rebate money, you should be able to get it at least for the amount of the rebate under invoice. I don't recall if edmunds showed the available rebate in our area but carsdirect.com did. The carsdirect "guaranteed price" for my truck was listed at $1500 below published invoice pricing ( basically dealer keeps rebate).
No rebate. There was a 1K rebate - or 0.0 financing.
I went with the financing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts