Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have the TRD Sport package with the 17 inch rims, and want a meatier, tougher looking tire. I went to my locak Big 0 tire, and they had this tire, which In my opinion I thought looked exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know much about tires, and due to lack of experience/knowlege in off-road tires, don't know if Mickey Thompson is a good brand. Let me know if this would make a good tire for my truck. I have a PreRunner, so he also said he'd have to install a spacer kit. I'm gonna keep my rims, so with the 4 tires and the spacer kit, the total comes 1,503 dollars out the door.

A. Is it a good tire
B. Is it a good price (I can't do it myself, so don't have that option)
C. What tire would you recommend if it's no good (similar size/look)

Here are the tires, I believe the ones they told me was 33"-12.5" to fit my 17's.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaClawRadial

Thanks guys, you all are the best.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
that tire is overkill for a a prerunner. did he mean wheel spacers, or spacer lift kit?

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
Ive only ever seen those on full sized trucks, and they have always been really worn down. Might not have the greatest tread life...

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
those tires are gonna be really loud when you driving down the road and stuff. tread life wont be long. would you mind steppin it down a bit? maybe to an all-terrain tire? bfg at's look great on our 17in sport rims.

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, I just seen them and thought they looked tough:p That's why I asked you guys, for your opinion. He said he would get the 33" size that would be good on my truck. The spacer kit was a Spacer lift kit.

Here is the tire they tried talking me into, he said personally he would get that tire himself, because it would be quieter and has a lifetime warranty, I figured it was just because it was there own brand... here it is, what do you think?

http://bigo.com/item.asp?id=201

·
Registered
20 Posts
go with BFG A/T or M/T, I have the BFG All Terrain TA KO and absolutely love 'em. No complaints here and my truck looks aggressive enough with A/T so I am glad I didn't get the M/T.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
BFG ATs rock. I know b/c I have them:clap:

Never heard of "big foot" tires...:ugh3:

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bprint, yeah, I like the BF A/T ones, the same you got. Do you have the White lettering showing, or have it on the inside?

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma DC
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big O Tires stores are located in the Western United States in California, Arizona, Washington, Oregon and Nevada

·
I Drink your Milkshake
810 Posts
Those mickey's are a little overkill, unless of course that is what you are going for.

I wanted something a little more aggresive, so I went with the Nitto Terra Grapplers...

The size I got did not require a lift or anything, but I really like how they turned out. they ride nice and smooth too.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma DBL Cab
22 Posts
MT Claw RAdials

I had a set of 315/75/16's on my Ford F-150 and when they are new they are great. I got right at 40,000 miles out of them. The last 7,000 miles were hell. Once they start getting really low tread on them they start to ride rough. I had to replace some steering components on my truck because of the tires. They aren't all that loud at first but once you get a few miles on them they roar. They were great in the mud. A buddy of mine only got 22,000 miles out of his.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't listen to bprintup5, he's got no idea what he's talking about! If you want a sick tire, go with these...

Just given him shit! Make up your own mind about what you want out of your tires.

-Barry-

1 - 20 of 28 Posts