Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My car is at the shop, they are fixing my tranny gaskets. I have a 2008 SE manual. This is covered under the warranty.

But I have a few other VERY SMALL ISSUES... and I want to know your opinion.

Here is a breif background…. I just purchased my car from an individual from Craigslist, car has 38.5Kmiles but I have transferred toyota's platium gaurantee in my name which is good until 7years/75k miles.

(1) When I went to clean my windshield (for the very first time) I noticed that my passanger wiper sits so close to my hood that I am missing about 3-4" of paint, this is right on the seam of the hood and when the wiper is down it is not noticeable. I looked at other camry's on the lot and I noticed that there is about a 1/8" space between the passanger wiper and the hood, my car has no space. I think that the car was manufactured this way, they passanger wiper was not installed properly which has caused it to chip my hood paint.

(2) My cup holder thing a miggy is broken.

When I originally told the person that my cup holder thinga miggy is broken, they asked me my milage. I told them I have 38.5K miles. They told me… if it was under 36K then it would have been covered. I then told him I have an extended platium guarantee through Toyota... He then say, I don't think trim is covered and he has to check. I have not been told yes or no to these two items, but I want to get your opinion about them. I though if they give me a bottle (retails for 7.99) of paint I could touch up the hood myself... what do you think? Thanks

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
I am pretty sure it wont be covered...my cup holder jiggy is broken too :(

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
This is the second trip for the cup holder and I still vote for not warrantied. It costs about $30. Order a new one. As for the wiper blade, the original wouldn't sit like that, but the car has been around for awhile and likely has Bosch blades or some other brand. Before you start blaming the manufacturer on that one, take the wiper arm off and look for something that would tell you who made it, and compare it to a new car arm. I'd bet it is an after market replacement as most are, and that it just doesn't fit right. Get some touch up paint for the hood and consider adjusting the wiper arm so that it does not touch the hood paint again.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Sounds like the wiper needs to be removed and adjusted. It's a 2 minute job but I'd doubt the warranty would cover it considering the fact that anything could have happened to it in the last 38K miles.

I'd imagine you are going to have to just buy a cupholder thingy-ma-jig.

Good deal that the warranty is covering the trans.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am OK about the cup holder not being covered by the gaurantee (I even found literature stating this), but with so many people having experianced a faulty cup holder (atually it's not faulty, the design is faulty) you would think that Toyota would MANUP and replace it.

As for the wipers arm, it is the wiper arm (the metal arm) that has hit the top of the hood so many time that it has taken off bout 3-4" of paint right at the seam. I don't understand what the wiper has anything to do with this. The stealership has already told me that they think a differernt size wiper was used on my car then specs (which I bet they are wrong). But again, what does the wiper has to do with it. It's the placement of the wiper arm from factory that has caused the paint to come off the hood.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Maybe the arm is bent?

Anything could have happened before you bought the car used. I doubt the dealer will be covering anything there. I agree that it would be a goodwill gesture on Toyota's part to take care of the cupholder.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the wiper needs to be removed and adjusted. It's a 2 minute job but I'd doubt the warranty would cover it considering the fact that anything could have happened to it in the last 38K miles.

I'd imagine you are going to have to just buy a cupholder thingy-ma-jig.

Good deal that the warranty is covering the trans.
I just want to say that I agree.

Both these repairs are no big D.

And of course the trans is covered under warranty, even though I have read plenty of horror stories about Toyota renegging on the warranty of stuff like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts