Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
that will work with the v6, notice the speedo? yours only goes to 130

they dont make reverse glows for the 4cyl with tach. anyhow they are cheaper on proparts.com

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
the 23$ buy it now price is pretty good

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
check the shipping and handling. $12?

those things weigh less than a pound, it shouldnt cost no damn $12 to ship that.

so you end up paying $35 for it.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
in my lex ES250, the temp gauge and the fuel gaue are exact opposites of the ones on those overlays(on the corresponding sides, Tepm is on the left, Fuel on right)...is that just a lexus thing??

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stevethecleric said:
that will work with the v6, notice the speedo? yours only goes to 130

they dont make reverse glows for the 4cyl with tach. anyhow they are cheaper on proparts.com
so will they work with the 4cyl?

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
did you not read the post, those are for the v6, not the I4.

hence the second sentence in that post.

"they dont make reverse glows for the 4cyl with tach."

the speedo is wrong, your speedo will be way off if you put those in, if you want it to "work" i guess you could buy the non tach kit, use that speedo guage, and the v6 kit and use its tach.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Steve, I misinterpereted. I wasn't sure if I could rig it up to work somehow. Now I am depressed.

MY TEARS MAKE ME STRONG!

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
it will work, but it will be very inaccurate.

but, like i said, if you get the v6 reverse gauges and the i4 guages, you can combine the i4 speedo with the v6 reverse glow guage to get it to work and be accurate. it would just cost you $70

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
userlain said:
so will they work with the 4cyl?
The only way you could get gauges for your car is if you buy both a I4 and a V6 set. You would use the V6 faces for everything except for the speedo, in which you would use the I4 version speedo face instead.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
userlain said:
You still have your MSD and everything?
yeah, distributer cap is in use though, wont be sold.

·
Not so Noob now!
561 Posts
ArmyofOne said:
in my lex ES250, the temp gauge and the fuel gaue are exact opposites of the ones on those overlays(on the corresponding sides, Tepm is on the left, Fuel on right)...is that just a lexus thing??
The temp & fuel are also laid out on their sides with the needles pointing to the sides, whereas the camry needles point up... I've looked into getting reverse glows for an ES250 but the cluster has a different design that doesn't have a bezel around the guages. All the Camry Reverse glow kits utilize that bezel to hide the edges of the guage overlay. I've considered getting a cluster from a Camry V6 to mod with reverse glow, but in the end I decided to leave it be.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Stevethecleric said:
check the shipping and handling. $12?

those things weigh less than a pound, it shouldnt cost no damn $12 to ship that.

so you end up paying $35 for it.
Yeah that's actually the typical way you get ripped off on ebay :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts