Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Good morning,
I have 2007 Tacoma base V6 4.0. I found this blind cover with wire. looks to me this is pre wire for fog light.
please advise on light selection and switch.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
boulderskies
2006 Tacoma
144 Posts
i have an '06 and am very interested in how this turns out...just adding a comment so i can follow along.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. I did check plug connector by light holder, and yes its there. That means its pre-wired.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
284 Posts
Yep they just put the blank there for when you install it you will have a place for the switch

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,100 Posts
Yeah, I believe the V6 was prewired (Not sure on the base V6 though). If prewired, you should only need the fogs, switch, and relay.

·
boulderskies
2006 Tacoma
144 Posts
as mentioned above, i have a 2006 but its the 4 wheel drive version. i have foglights in the bumper that come on with running lights (i think). but i have the identical blank setup as in the photo. why would i have the blank if i have fogs?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good evening,
problem:
The after market switch socket does not match with toyota.
toyota connector has 4 wire. 2 hot and two neutral.
after market connector has 4 wire but red and orange joint together under insulator. and only three wire available.
any idea how to connect with car. both toyota and after market wire color are different.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Your fog light switch should have a Light Blue wire and a White w black tracer going to it (2005 colors) if that connector was pre wired for fog lights. Guessing its something else.

(Edit: There is a green & Green / black wire for each of the bulbs which is on a different wiring diagram)

A rear diff lock switch would have Light Green and Red / Black tracer.

Downhill assist is Pink / Black and White Black

Auto LSD is Grey / Black and White/black

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
The wires at the lights should be Green hot, white / black tracer to ground

The coil side of the relay has Red Black coming from the headlight fuse, and light blue going to the switch
The switched side of the relay has a Green coming from the Fog fuse, and light green going to the lights.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i used toyota original it was $50. only problem is interior fog light switch bulb is not getting on and so do a/c control module
i changed bulb (total 3 two at a/c and one at fog light switch
is there a fuse. my fog light is getting on by pushing switch.

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
Your dash bulbs are powered by the Tail fuse (10A). I don't believe its supposed to come on with the switch (per 2005). This messes with my note above about only 2 wires to the bulb. There is a green & Green / black wire for the bulb which is on a different wiring diagram, will edit that. The dimmer should affect many lights, but not the switch bulbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts