Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so looks like this engine hasn't seen the business side of a scrub brush since the early 90s. Went to check if there was anything that looks loose or disconnected b4 I cleaned it up a little today. (to be sure i font get anything loosened with the powerwasher) Found a couple things I can't seem to figure out.

1. First is this blue cable against the firewall right in the middle. It looks like a valve of some sort but I can't find what it controls.

2. Next is an electrical connector on the psngr side again near the firewall but doesnt seem to be able to reach anything that it might connect to. See pics for detail.

Lastly just want confirmation on something: Looks like PO had some sort of plug mounted under the front bumper. Followed the wires best I could and seems to be going to the rear lights. You think this might just be for towing or something?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 1st thought was ventilation however it didnt move with anything I did. inside. I can manually pull/push this from under the hood but doesnt seem to make any difference inside the car. weird. Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Thanks guys!
Now to finish up the Easter eggs with the kiddos and then to clean up that beast.
:D

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The blue cable is for the temp adjustment . If you move the lower control (temperature lever) on the ventilation control panel you should see the wire within the cable move.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Or, if your temperature lever is broken like mine is, you move that thing twice a year when the weather changes... I just switched over to cold air a week ago. It doesn't move much and it does require a fair amount of force to get it moving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts