Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive recently noticed people starting to buy rims for the rear only. like aftermarket 17s in the rear and stock 15-16 inch steelies in the front. is that the new thing or something? to look like a drag car i guess :confused: or is this some weird dallas thing :lol:

...or maybe they can only afford 2 rims :D

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
seems like they dont have enough money so they are going to buy the other 2 wheels later on?? :dunno:

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
335 Posts
I hope it's not a fad. It looks so stupid when the front are just stock steelies, and the back are aftermarket rims. Is it poverty or just stupidity? The ones that drive around on the street and do it for looks(lord knows why) look so hideous. I know that it can be beneficial for those who drag at the track, but most of these clowns don't. I know, because they live on my street. Another prime example of rice.

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
hahaha, never heard of that, but I have seen people who take all 4 hub caps off to have "black rims".

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Originally, it was a track thing. People would take thier cars to the strip with aftermarket wheels, and swap on slicks that were mounted on steelies. It also started as a drift thing in Japan on its own with because people would be slamming thier cars into curbs, and could not afford new sets of rims, so they'd slap on a pair of whatever they could find (usually other rims though).

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
DarkPrince114 said:
hahaha, never heard of that, but I have seen people who take all 4 hub caps off to have "black rims".
you got a problem with that? hehe, those were my winter tires/rims, i'll be on alloys with 4 season rubber this winter... eep

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
hey, i mean the car is all riced out, and it doesnt snow over here, they just didnt want to buy new rims and paint them, so they took the caps off, lol

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
WhiteR said:
ive recently noticed people starting to buy rims for the rear only. like aftermarket 17s in the rear and stock 15-16 inch steelies in the front. is that the new thing or something? to look like a drag car i guess :confused: or is this some weird dallas thing :lol:

...or maybe they can only afford 2 rims :D
Like other have said, it was orginally a track thing, I mostly see ppl doing that in Strong Island on the weekends when the strip is open, so most of the ppl thta I see do run at the track here, the ppl you see if they are not going to the track are probably doing it for show and or street race

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I did that one winter when I kept bubbling the tires on my rims. Usually when you hit a pothole the front takes more abuse, so if You switch the front back to stock, you wont have it as bad.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
yeah the people that do it around dallas to look cool....like maybe they went to the track and have all these mods or something...

whatever, it ain't my car so i could care less, i just shake my head at them :disappoin

Keri

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i did that. i took my friend's 16 stock maxima rims for the left side and kept my hub caps on the right side for 2 days.

Over here in chicago majority of the riced out cars either have rims or 4 steelies on them.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
All the ricers here have bling bling rims.... i dunno.... maybe it's a hispanic thing :D

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
the 240sx drivers around columbia have been doing the alloy wheels on the front/ black steelies on the back thing lately. i guess they wanna look like the drift guys:D

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
theres nothing wrong with running all steelies... i like that better than hubcaps, thats for sure.

but the whole 2 rims/2 steelies thing is poser. theyve been doing that around here for years... i was never impressed. if you can only afford 2 rims, wait till you get the other 2 before you mount anything.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
Some of the people here where i live have steelies in the front of the car and always rub it in my face like there hard core... I mean great two nice Spraypainted black five spoke rims to look spoon... HELLA QUICK....

·
Registered
386 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
All the ricers here have bling bling rims.... i dunno.... maybe it's a hispanic thing :D
Never seen bling bling rims on a ricer, it's like mixing cultures. Bling bling is for gangsta and hispanics, ricers are white boys trying to be asian and african americans trying to be white (yes, i've seen some). I have seen some gangsta sport compacts (civic, corrolla) with blingin dubs, but it wasn't in ricer fashion.

But, that's just here in Cameron, MO and all over in Iowa.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
maggotdecay said:
Never seen bling bling rims on a ricer, it's like mixing cultures. Bling bling is for gangsta and hispanics, ricers are white boys trying to be asian and african americans trying to be white (yes, i've seen some). I have seen some gangsta sport compacts (civic, corrolla) with blingin dubs, but it wasn't in ricer fashion.

But, that's just here in Cameron, MO and all over in Iowa.
Dude get out of Missouri (sp?), Bling bling rims are for gangstas and hispanics?.....:lol: :disappoin Ricers are white boys trying to be asian and African Americans trying to be white?....:lol: :disappoin

I really dont know what to say about this comment.... what about the white guys and gals that are chrome out all over? And how is being black and trying to be white a ricer? Do you even know the meaning of ricer? Define trying to be Asian and trying to be white please..... what is ricer and what is gangsta to you?
I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I just feel sorry for you because of your way of thinking is serious screwed....

C'mon Nelly and the St Lunatics just did all that hard work to get MO on the map and you went and set them back a few years...:lol: :disappoin

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
I have all four thirteen spoke steelies on my car now. I sold my 5ZR's to get a front bumper from an integra, mirrors, a cherry picker, some useless crap... and pay off my tickets.... So i dont know about the sporting two rims thing but i think its stupid... I WISH I COULD GET MY RIMS BACK.... :bash:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
Dude get out of Missouri (sp?), Bling bling rims are for gangstas and hispanics?.....:lol: :disappoin Ricers are white boys trying to be asian and African Americans trying to be white?....:lol: :disappoin

I really dont know what to say about this comment.... what about the white guys and gals that are chrome out all over? And how is being black and trying to be white a ricer? Do you even know the meaning of ricer? Define trying to be Asian and trying to be white please..... what is ricer and what is gangsta to you?
I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I just feel sorry for you because of your way of thinking is serious screwed....

C'mon Nelly and the St Lunatics just did all that hard work to get MO on the map and you went and set them back a few years...:lol: :disappoin
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm not talking about the lifestyles these people lead, just what they do to their cars. Ricers are kids in sport compacts that do anything in their right mind to make them look fast, not necessarily making the cars fast under the hood. Ricers have generic Konig rims and generic Advan rims and triple deck spoilers and outrageous bright puke green paint jobs. Gangtsa, I have seen, tend to use dubs on thier cars, dubs and lot's of fake gold trim. gangstas are all show as well, with 500 lbs of stereo equiptment and 500 lbs of (exxageration (sp?)) chrome. Now the people who really want sleepers and not make their car all gaudy and focus on the performence I call tuners. No graphics, no dubs, just some lightweight rims and alot of time and money under the hood. I'm not dissing any race or any lifestyle, I had a ricer honda that turned tuner, now I have a toyota that may be sportin some chrome rims, I haven' t really make up my mind yet. I love my rock music , I love my rap music, and I also watch pimp my ride, where, in the first time I have ever seen gangsta rims on a sport compact, which is WRONG in my book.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts