Toyota Nation Forum banner

So, is it too *******?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm bored, and was just wondering how ******* you people think it would be if I painted a truck like this.

The green is flat army green (aka olive drab) and the black is herculiner a semi-flat black grill.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
oh snap i just reread my thread and you posted in it. haha sorry. but yeah. what kind of truck do you have? and the problem with the ruberized paint is there can moisture under it and you wouldnt know till its all rotted out.

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, i don't actually have the truck that this paint job would be going on. I'm considering trading my 95' Skidoo Mach1 for a 91 1/2 ton chevy on 33's. I've been driving my camry for the last 2 years, and am feeling the itch for another 4x4 (besides the one that I'm fully restoring).

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
who cares if it's "too *******"? if you want to do it, do it.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma AC 4x4
217 Posts
Around central Oregon it would be considered normal.

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See, I like it, but I posted on another forum and there are now 27 votes for "kill yourself now!"

good thing I don't give a shit what most people think

·
Registered
502 Posts
06TRDSport said:
Around central Oregon it would be considered normal.
LOL! And elsewhere in Oregon as well...

The fellow I worked for this summer had a 1970 Porsche 911 painted in original olive green, though it was glossy. It really looked awesome. (It was nice to see a 911 painted in something other than red!)

If you paint your truck flat olive green or camo, at least people won't fuck with you on the highway...

C

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See, it's not like I think it would be the coolest paint job ever. It's jsut practical. you can get a whole gallon of Surplus Olive drab for about $10, and then a can of herculiner for like $70. And with this scheme, when i accidently (or not) drag the side of the thing down a tree out on some trail, it's easy to fix. I don't even have this truck yet, but now I want it even more!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Grayguy said:
See, it's not like I think it would be the coolest paint job ever. It's jsut practical. you can get a whole gallon of Surplus Olive drab for about $10, and then a can of herculiner for like $70. And with this scheme, when i accidently (or not) drag the side of the thing down a tree out on some trail, it's easy to fix. I don't even have this truck yet, but now I want it even more!
if you want a true utilitarian vehicle, you could always go with the Rustoleum approach.

·
2005 Matrix XR AWD
2005 Matrix XR AWD
117 Posts
Just a side note:

Don't bring it to Connecticut or New England area, you may get drafted by the National Guard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts