Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about others, but I am seeing an advertisement on this site from Toyota Motor that asks the question stated in the thread title (Is your battery more than 3 years old?).

If so, they suggest you buy a Toyota TrueStart battery with an 84-month warranty.

Here is what they say:

84-month warranty.*
Yes, please!
With an 84-month warranty, 24-month free replacement and towing reimbursement, Toyota TrueStart® batteries are the best way to keep your Toyota a Toyota. Schedule an appointment today to see if your vehicle needs a new battery.​

So my question is this: If the Toyota TrueStart battery has an 84 month warranty, why would I replace it after 36 months? Could it be that the 84 month warranty is not really as good as it seems (in other words, useless, or maybe a scam?). Most competitive batteries have a 3 year free replacement, plus additional 2 years pro-rated warranty. Does Toyota think its customers are stupid?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Does Toyota think its customers are stupid?" Yes they do!
Based on some comments in this forum by Toyota owners who think it is important to replace their OEM battery with a Toyota Truestart (instead of an aftermarket battery), they are probably right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts