Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Crossdrilled and Slotted
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a set of sportcross rims for my Carmy. I love the 17" IS300 rims, but these are ALOT cheaper, and still 17" from an IS300. Opinions?

·
Crossdrilled and Slotted
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only problem; no lugs, and I believe they are $200 from Lexus. (The rims/tires are $350-$500 ish)

Uhg.

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Holy shit batman. 200$?

Shop around, or get some cheap ones, I mean they are just lugs. As long as they are good durable metal.

You don't have to have the Crystal of lugnuts.

Go to a parts shop, or something like wal-mart, or somewhere that might carry things like that...

·
Crossdrilled and Slotted
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS300 rims (atleast the /standard/ IS300 rims) need specific lugs. I believe these wheels use the lugs. They are Toyota only. They are not generic-goto Walmart lugs unfortunately.

·
Dthepit
91 Posts
i say get em, they would look good man :thumbup:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
myconid said:
IS300 rims (atleast the /standard/ IS300 rims) need specific lugs. I believe these wheels use the lugs. They are Toyota only. They are not generic-goto Walmart lugs unfortunately.
Are you sure? I would stop by an AutoZone and see if they carried any Lugnuts that fit those rims

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
hmm either go to autozone or i would get some gorilla lug nuts for them that are the locking lug nuts...i would like to think that just some toyota "tuner" lug nuts would work for it, but it may require the uber-special lexus lugs :rolleyes:

your wagon would look nice w/those rims though...i saw a IS w/them today except they were gunmetal, which looked very nice :thumbup:

keri

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow! Rays lugs arent even that expensive and they are like 130

·
Registered
97 Posts
Man just go find like 5 is300's and take one lug off each wheel. :D I mean they already have 5 of them they can share. :lol:

·
Crossdrilled and Slotted
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, I have never seen an IS300 in Vermont, parked or driving. Got some you wana sell *cough* *cough* Yota? :)

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Oh right right, I think I remember hearing about that special lugs.

Well, whatever you do, if you don't get these rims please get some deep dish rims...

Gaw I would be so in drool of you..

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
You do need a specific lug nut. They are called SHANK STYLE lug nuts, but they are not exclusive to Lexus. You need to get ones that have a washer on the end of them. I know McGard has them, but they're pretty pricy too. You MIGHT be able to use regular cone seat or acorn style lug nuts, but you'll probably end up ruining the wheel.

edit: clarified...special lug NUTS.. not lugs

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
glad to see another wagon i still here and getting hooked up. initial-t quit and so far i thought i was the only wagon tuner:( .

those rims would look hot and i bet they use tuner lugs no doubt

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Some lexus wheels need lexus lugs. I took my ES to discount tire for new lugs, they called up lexi dealership and got 5 lugs for $35. Maybe you can find a friend who works at parts dept at toyota/lexus...anyone workinging at scion/toyota can always order lexi parts for cost!

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
Do IS300 rims need special lugs????????!!!!! Im getting ready to throw my rims on. Will it bolt right on? Or do I need to get other things? 95 Camry LE 4cyl

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
perhaps you could find a lex in a junkyard? I did that so I didnt have to buy so many new ones for my IS rims. i think you need the "short shank" nuts. i think pretty much all lexi have those.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
So all I need is the lug nuts....no stud or anything like that to put on my IS rims?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts