Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
victor91mr2
91/93 MR2 sw21 turbo
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is very complicated to adapt the TRD Big Brake kit for an IS300 to an MR2. Will the brakets for the calipers fit on the MR2, or does TRD make a brake kit for the MR2?
 

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
I don't think TRD makes a big brake kit. I know that Rotora makes a pretty nice kit though. Will run you about $3k - $4k though.
 

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
I don't think TRD makes a big brake kit. I know that Rotora makes a pretty nice kit though. Will run you about $3k - $4k though.
They actually do make a big brake kit. I don't have info on what models it fits, and it's pricey. But, its freakin' sweet if you can afford it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
5Sfte said:
They actually do make a big brake kit. I don't have info on what models it fits, and it's pricey. But, its freakin' sweet if you can afford it.
Where did you see this? Last I saw was for a Spyder......If you have info please post it.

Since we're talkin big brakes, can anyone reply if you have experienced using the Rotora big brakes (or any big brake kit) for the MR2?

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I think they only offer them for the front.......

Stupid question: Is anyone consistently on this site besides you, MRQ and "Jekyll and Hyde"? LOL :D

I am hoping to the join the ranks of non-noob mr2 owner before the end summer. It'll be a shame to find one in good condition right before the end of summer then have to look at it sitting in my driveway all winter :ugh3:
 

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
Joined
·
3,959 Posts
none of you have access to a cnc machine? caus then you could probably make front and rear adapters for bigger brakes on you mr2s that would be sweet
 

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
I hardly have access to a garage... haha. There are people with a lot of knowledge that jump in and out of here occasionally. You should get the 2... just make sure you have a backup car.... I would be dead w/o my Supra.
 

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
drunknfuctup said:
Where did you see this? Last I saw was for a Spyder......If you have info please post it.

Since we're talkin big brakes, can anyone reply if you have experienced using the Rotora big brakes (or any big brake kit) for the MR2?

Rob
I have to check my TRD Japan catalog again, but that is in the states right now and I am in Iraq. I will e-mail my wife and ask her to look for me.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top