Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
Joined
·
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that there's a problem with fitment on the Gen3 4-cyl Camrys with IS300 wheels.

My mechanic has confirmed that it wouldn't fit in his 92 4-cyl because of front caliper clearance - basically the 4-cyl front rotors are smaller than the V6 and the caliper brackets also sit closer to the center, therefore resulting the wheels touching the caliper bracket.

There are at least 2 other members here that had confirmed with fitting problems.

Spacers will make them fit, however this is highly not recommended to put spacers on the front wheels for a FWD car. This is a serious safety issue especially if you're using stock bolts together with the spacers.

If anyone who has a 4-cyl that has this problem please report to this thread.
 

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
i was jus about to buy some i300 rims...damn...everything is ruined...:(
 

·
Blazin...
CAMRY
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
yeah they didnt fit me.. not just the 92s i think it went all the around the gen 3s as long as it was a 4cyl... i ended up using the H&R 10mm spacer on it... it worked awesome no wheel play when i had them on... the extended bolts also worked well...


humpty
 

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
Joined
·
522 Posts
Yeah, so I still havn't put on my Is300 rims. Im not lazy, im broke.
Can someone write a shopping list to make the IS300 rims fit the 4 cyl Camry? Also, places where to buy these items.
Tanx!
 

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
Joined
·
522 Posts
I was considering doing Supra brakes up front and regular v6 rotors in the back.....then ill have to buy another new master cyl. Whats the deal on spacers? Mabey ill sell the rims and go with the subzeros.
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
i've seen IS300 wheels on solara as well, any general consensus for i4 versus v6 fitment issues for either gen4 camrys or gen1 solaras?
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
OK guys, i added is300 rims to my 4cyl (5sfe) solara. The fronts fit perfectly, the rears are hitting the inside strut assembly, I'm not a wheel professional, but i'd leave it to discount tire to decide what spacers i might need in the rear. Since i'm not free on the weekends, i'll have to hold off ridining like such for a while - anyone with is300 wheels knows what size spacers they needed in the rear, my ride is 2001 Solara SE (5sfe);
Btw pic -> http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/323000-323999/323181_46_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/323000-323999/323181_47_full.jpg

Edit: From what i've searched, 5mm spacers with new studs i want i need now. Are the front studs 5mm longer than the rear (hence asking??)
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
^^ yes, someone else in houston had problems on gen4 i4's.
 

·
eeto........?
Joined
·
580 Posts
jhbhatia said:
OK guys, i added is300 rims to my 4cyl (5sfe) solara. The fronts fit perfectly, the rears are hitting the inside strut assembly, I'm not a wheel professional, but i'd leave it to discount tire to decide what spacers i might need in the rear. Since i'm not free on the weekends, i'll have to hold off ridining like such for a while - anyone with is300 wheels knows what size spacers they needed in the rear, my ride is 2001 Solara SE (5sfe);

so in a 94 GEN 3 V6 the IS300 rims will fit good? will the rear hit the inside strut assembly as well?
 

·
限界域への独&#
Joined
·
605 Posts
_VVTi_ said:
so in a 94 GEN 3 V6 the IS300 rims will fit good? will the rear hit the inside strut assembly as well?
My research has found that it depends on the tires. Ratko ran them with 215/45 tires and they fit. Someone else (don't recall who) tried 215/45's and they rubbed. Nobody that I'm aware has fit 215/50's without spacers. I have the wheels already, but I don't plan to mount them until I get spacers. The offset is 8mm off, so 10mm spacers would be ideal, but I want hubcentric spacers, and the only company that I've found makes them is H&R, and they jump from 5 to 15mm, so I'm probably going to get the 5mm ones. Or I might be daring and try 225/45's with 15mm spacers. :naughty:
 

·
Where are we going today?
Camry 00/Corolla 19
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
I do not have IS300 rims but I have a 2004 SE rims. 215/16/60.
No problems with my Gen 4.5 front but for the back, i needed spacers.
I put in 5/16 inch spacers and everythign worked out well, if not, the sidewall would scrape the strut.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view


jhbhatia said:
OK guys, i added is300 rims to my 4cyl (5sfe) solara. The fronts fit perfectly, the rears are hitting the inside strut assembly, I'm not a wheel professional, but i'd leave it to discount tire to decide what spacers i might need in the rear. Since i'm not free on the weekends, i'll have to hold off ridining like such for a while - anyone with is300 wheels knows what size spacers they needed in the rear, my ride is 2001 Solara SE (5sfe);
Btw pic -> http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/323000-323999/323181_46_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/323000-323999/323181_47_full.jpg

Edit: From what i've searched, 5mm spacers with new studs i want i need now. Are the front studs 5mm longer than the rear (hence asking??)
 

·
eeto........?
Joined
·
580 Posts
mobes said:
My research has found that it depends on the tires. Ratko ran them with 215/45 tires and they fit. Someone else (don't recall who) tried 215/45's and they rubbed. Nobody that I'm aware has fit 215/50's without spacers. I have the wheels already, but I don't plan to mount them until I get spacers. The offset is 8mm off, so 10mm spacers would be ideal, but I want hubcentric spacers, and the only company that I've found makes them is H&R, and they jump from 5 to 15mm, so I'm probably going to get the 5mm ones. Or I might be daring and try 225/45's with 15mm spacers. :naughty:
so it really depends on what brand of tires you have? so there's no guarentee that 215/45 will fit for sure? i'm really attracted to the IS300 wheels, and summer is coming soon i'm in need to find wheels for summer tires. And it seems that 17" suits GEN3 best. however there seems to be quite a bit of fitting issue regarding IS300 wheels and GEN3, and the best solution is to trial and error. Which i don't quite have time for.
 

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
IMO: i think the issue of fitment comes shouldn't be dependant on i4 versus v6, but with 50+ offset wheels, here it does. these wheels fit my gen4 v6 camry perfectly (no spacers) , but didn't fit my i4 gen1solara (assumed needed 5mm spacers, but then sold the wheels). I think its a i4 and v6 issue...not a gen3/gen4 issue! Ekam has them on his gen4 (v6) w/o spacers. This dude in houston who bought my is300 rims tried fitting them on his i4 gen4 camry and the discounttire told him it would be unsafe with 10MM spacers and he turned around and sold them to someone else...
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top