Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Thinking about putting some tenzo type m on my camry...somone on the forum that has them though mentioned that they have gone through two sets and their steering wheel shakes alot...could this really be the rim or could it be a balancing or alignment problem?...maybe something else?...he did say he had that he tried everything to correct but nothing worked...they are the 19 x 8.5 black and red and i really want them for my red camry se ....but now i am worried :(

·
From H to T
'08 Camry
728 Posts
Hey guys! Thinking about putting some tenzo type m on my camry...somone on the forum that has them though mentioned that they have gone through two sets and their steering wheel shakes alot...could this really be the rim or could it be a balancing or alignment problem?...maybe something else?...he did say he had that he tried everything to correct but nothing worked...they are the 19 x 8.5 black and red and i really want them for my red camry se ....but now i am worried :(
19 x 8.5 should be fine, just make sure it's within the offset range of +35 to +45 and also it would help to get hubcentric rings, which might get rid of the vibrations.

Go to a known wheel/tire installation place that backs up their install with warranty or something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
:headbang:eek:k ...the first set i have was a 17" tenzo mach10 for my wrx with bridgstone tires, centric hubs and roadforce balance, the car shakes real bad at about 65-70 mph. i had 2 set of centric rings replaced and rebalanced twice. still with the same issue. 8 months ago my gf and i bought 2 set of tenzo type m, for my 09 camry, at that time my car only had about 4000 miles on it. we got a set of type m 18" for my gf celica as well with falken tires, centric hubs and roadforce balance. both of our cars have the same issues, so at this point i have no one to blame but tenzo???
rims look great but im thinking about putting my stock rims back on soon.
good luck

·
Registered
271 Posts
:headbang:eek:k ...the first set i have was a 17" tenzo mach10 for my wrx with bridgstone tires, centric hubs and roadforce balance, the car shakes real bad at about 65-70 mph. i had 2 set of centric rings replaced and rebalanced twice. still with the same issue. 8 months ago my gf and i bought 2 set of tenzo type m, for my 09 camry, at that time my car only had about 4000 miles on it. we got a set of type m 18" for my gf celica as well with falken tires, centric hubs and roadforce balance. both of our cars have the same issues, so at this point i have no one to blame but tenzo???
rims look great but im thinking about putting my stock rims back on soon.
good luck
Ive had the same thing happen to me. Not on my camry but on my sisters 2003 civic. She purchased some rims from Tire Kingdom. Rev was the brand. Anyway we took it back several times, got it aligned, balanced. Hub centric rings even went as far as changing the tires for a diff size and nothing. Eventually she sold them and went back to stock. Terrible experience, now im skeptical about after market rims.

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct type of lug nuts and that they are being torqued properly. Make sure they have a good balancing machine that is aligned to spec, maybe even a Hunter road force.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts