Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Taking Donations.
2006 tacoma DC 4x4
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got out of m truck today and heard the infamous AAL squeak. I didnt beleive any of you guys at first about this problem because I had installed my Alcan AAL and hadnt heard anything for about a month. I thought I was just one of the lucky ones w/out the noise issue but I guess I was wrong. I can honestly say that I havent researched the topic enough becuase I am so pissed that my 6 month old truck sounds like it has 60 years of wear!!:cursin: Is there an easier solution to fixing the squeak other than buying an expensive leaf pack? It seems like the noise is coming from the front bushings of where the leaf springs bolt to the truck....grease maybe? thanks guys and help will be better than no help

·
Park Ranging
2006 Toyota Tacoma
213 Posts
I hadn't heard about this yet, but I guess Toyota still has all the same problems they used to. My old '77 Hilux was nicknamed "Squiggy" for the sound it made if you went over a bump, jumped in the bed, or got in and out of the cab.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma AC 4X4
190 Posts
How about some WD40 or some penatrating oil or a silicone spray? Couldn't hurt to try before tearing everything apart to apply grease.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
This squeak nonsense is what is keeping me from getting a lift. Im trying to save to get the good stuff so I dont sound old and crotchedy.

I know someone recommended some kind of lubricant that was supposed to work longer than anything else that was tried. I cant find the thread, but Taco5 should know what it is. I read about it in a thread where someone had mentioned it and he was excited to try it out. Maybe send him a pm.

·
Taking Donations.
2006 tacoma DC 4x4
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^Well monday Im going to take it to the dealer. Its still under warranty but Im doubting they'll do the work considering I've altered the suspension. I've tracked down the squeaking..Its coming from the front bushing of the spring pack...Im sure if I take it all apart and lube everything that it will fix it, but id rather have it looked at for free..we'll see

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
I use spray on white lithium grease. It only takes care of the squeak for a couple of days though(less if you get them wet). The long lasting grease mentioned above is heavy duty amsoil chain wax for motorcycle chains. I haven't tried it yet because I've been really busy, but I plan on trying it when I get some free time. I'll keep everyone posted with the results.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Pressure wash the side of the leafs real good to knock out any grit. Then spray with a penetrating lubricant.

·
Registered
http://www.dcautocen
299 Posts
I haven't had any suspension squeaks on mine Not factory or the year with the 3" Toytec / Alcan AAL's. I've driven a year stock and almost a year with the lift....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts