Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

It has been proven

8K views 68 replies 13 participants last post by  Deep 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have some good news, last night i ran a AE111 toyota corolla GT sedan ( the one with the blacktop 20v) i thought i was going to get my ass wipped but it so happen that i pass him on the streight and he just couldn't seem to catch me back. bareing in mind i have a AE92 corolla sedan with a 4A-F engine. The real big thing is that i ain't even turbo charge it yet. so i could see when i do its going to be a hand full for me. All the 4A-F guys respect to ya all.
4A-F rules :D :thumbup:

#6 ·
listen to me REN69, me and the guy was runnning side by side and i passed him ok.:mad: My car is a work of performance. And you timberland its was a straight road not a hill, i'm talking about level straight tarmac buddy, what factors would it have on street. like said my surprise me i thought i was going to get my ass wiped good. but it so happend that i beat the guy by a fender. which is still good for a 1989 4A-F sedan :thumbup: :D

#8 ·
when I was running my 4AF, this riced out civic raced me... I was doin good at first.. and then he took me, all because the weber carb wasn't dialed in right and my timing was off... other wise I woulda kicked his ass.. and when I had quad keihin carbs on my 4af, on a good day when they were actually running properly.. I coulda kicked some major ass.. The 4AF just pulled so fucking hard. By example, I was sitting at stoplight on a highway off ramp.. light turns.. I gun it .. slap sticking the tranny I have it in first.. making a left turn.. run it up to 7K.. shift to second.. and I hit 70mph in 2nd gear before I shifted to third..

I hit 70mph in only literally 300 or 400ft.

#9 ·
I'm not saying your car isn't fast, but anyone can tell a story that happened on the street... he might be telling all his friends that he beat you by half a fender. Timeslips don't lie - when the light drops the bs stops. (corny, I know:lol: )

Got any pics of your setup? What carbs are you using?

#10 ·
TRDemon said:
listen to me REN69, me and the guy was runnning side by side and i passed him ok.:mad: My car is a work of performance. And you timberland its was a straight road not a hill, i'm talking about level straight tarmac buddy, what factors would it have on street. like said my surprise me i thought i was going to get my ass wiped good. but it so happend that i beat the guy by a fender. which is still good for a 1989 4A-F sedan :thumbup: :D

TRDemon... what the guys are simply saying that just because you beat one, you can beat all of them. i know you weren't claiming that. some factors that may affect is that a.] the driver ain't even racing you (he could prolly just gunning it half way and how would you know he wasn't, you're not in the car, right?) b.] he could have a f@#*ked up car c.] driver doesn't know how to drive at that speed, he could be scared to floor it d.] his car could be much heavier than yours (he could have a sound set-up in there) and lastly maybe when you passed him, someone was giving him head and that he didn't have time to react to your challenge. who knows?

but seriously, if you did it... VERY WELL DONE! and i hope one day when you grow old you'll realize how stupid you were racing on the street/highway when there's a potential of taking someone else's life and it could be an innocent by-stander.

#11 ·
Punisher said:
when I was running my 4AF, this riced out civic raced me... I was doin good at first.. and then he took me, all because the weber carb wasn't dialed in right and my timing was off... other wise I woulda kicked his ass.. and when I had quad keihin carbs on my 4af, on a good day when they were actually running properly.. I coulda kicked some major ass.. The 4AF just pulled so fucking hard. By example, I was sitting at stoplight on a highway off ramp.. light turns.. I gun it .. slap sticking the tranny I have it in first.. making a left turn.. run it up to 7K.. shift to second.. and I hit 70mph in 2nd gear before I shifted to third..

I hit 70mph in only literally 300 or 400ft.
grasshopper.... carburetors are all about tuning. if your carbs are off, there's no performance coming out of the car, just wasted gas. if you can't tune a single weber properly, it'll be hell tuning the quad keihins especially without any basis for the carbs. weren't you and Flashmn, who told me, oh sorry, argued with me a while back that carbs are much more efficient than EFI? oh well, i guess in that case with the "riced out civic" you got whooped by an EFI which is not really efficient right? hmmm. and what do you mean by "slap sticking the tranny"? are you trying to shift an automatic tranny? why, i'm just curious? :confused:

#12 ·
I had just installed the weber..
It wasn't easy to tune in the quadies.. I did a lot of tuning and nothing really worked.. but soon after installing them I started to burn oil like crazy.. which would explain why I was never able to tune them in. Piston rings were going to shit.. can't tune a carb when the engine isn't healthy.

As for slap sticking.. yes I was shifting an automatic.. why? So I could run the gears higher before allowing the next gear.. to put me in a higher RPM for the next gear.

EFI is definitly more efficient for an every day car that you race around and drive normally.. however for full out power and speed carbs are better.

I'd rather have EFI than carbs now..

#14 ·
micro214_kp61, fuck you!! you realy feel i would be stupid enough to race on a street with trafic, come on now. i was running on a street 2:30 am no cars were on the road that time just me and the guy. And for the other guys i did some jet work and custom made ram/cold air intake. i called a ram/cold air intake because i my intake run straight to the front of the car right by the front bumper so i'm drafting some serious cold air its most effective at night, and its pulls like mad from 2800 - 5000 rpm at least that where i change i don't go pass 5000 because my tranny don't alow me too. i also have a RS exhaust with 2 inch pipe.

Look for me when i start to put some psi in those cylinders it isn't going to be easy.

like i said big respect to the 4A-F guys out there :thumbup: :D

#15 ·
i've said it many times...... my old 4afe beat a 4af corolla when i had more weight.... and my 4age would seriously kill my 4afe... period.... for some reason, even though i only dyno'd 109.6whp i can beat mk1 mr2's, ae86's, and every ae92 i've run into so far....

i kept up with a heavier car with a silvertop in it, but i doubt i could keep up with a well tuned blacktop in the same car or an ae92....

i'm not putting the 4af/e down (well, kinda).... but i personally have seen the differences in the exact same car, which i'm guessing almost nobody else on this forum has done (ericlee doesn't count, going from a 4afe to a 4agze is a much bigger step... lol)

#16 ·
and to re-iterate what i've said..... over the years people's timeslips don't lie.....for ae92 people, most with an automatic are running between 18 and 19 seconds, and most with 5 speeds are running 17 to 18 seconds..... i haven't had my car at the track with the new motor, but sometime i do plan to (this summer a broken collar bone restricted me from doing so)... the 4afe ran a 17.33... i'm guessing i'll run a high 15 now....

#18 ·
Whatever you may think... the physics really isn't on your side. To make a rough comparison, I have 2 AE86's one with a tuned smallport 4AG and one with a tuned silvertop 20V 4AG. I'll guesstimate my smallport is putting down around 130 whp (with RWD % losses) and it is fairly well tuned... more so than the power I can see from a well-tuned 4AF with a performance carb. The 20V, which is only tuned with lightening mods (underdrive crank, light fly) can pull on the smallport 2-3 cars everytime easy.

Tha being said... i definately don't underestimate the potential of the "F" head... cause I myself drive a Celica ST that is far faster than most 5SFE powered Celicas... but my Celica get's handed by my AE86's...

If you're curious... when my Celica was at its peak (it's back to stock now)... well... the timeslip is below.

I've yet to see a faster n/a 7AFE Celica..

#19 ·
^^^ if i'm reading that timeslip correctly, it doesn't look like it's adding the r/t time in.... my 17.33 was on a bracket night, which includes your r/t time.... most test and tune nights generally don't start your time until you've started..... adding in your r/t would give you roughly a 17.3.... which sounds about right for a 7afe celica...

racer25 has run right around that in his 7afe ae102 which is n/a, but has quite a bit done to it

#20 ·
toyotaspeed90 said:
^^^ if i'm reading that timeslip correctly, it doesn't look like it's adding the r/t time in.... my 17.33 was on a bracket night, which includes your r/t time.... most test and tune nights generally don't start your time until you've started..... adding in your r/t would give you roughly a 17.3.... which sounds about right for a 7afe celica...

racer25 has run right around that in his 7afe ae102 which is n/a, but has quite a bit done to it
No it doesn't add in the reaction... But, each side of the track has a different timer which starts when your car crosses the line... not when the race starts... so the time is correct. On this track, the reaction simply measures your launch ability and reaction. This run also was done on a free run night so they weren't running brackets at the time. I hit low 16's all night that night. I ran various other runs with like 16.1 16.2 with .5 reations (nearly perfect measured on a 0.500 system) so it's no mathmatical mistake... ;]

#21 ·
I don't think anyone here, atleast not me, is saying that a 4AF is god-like.

What I am saying is that the whole engine setup is VERY light.. and it has a lot of potential.. it handles high rev's good.. and with a good set of longer duration and larger lift cams and a good carb intake setup it has a lot of potential.

#23 · (Edited)
TRDemon said:
micro214_kp61, fuck you!! you realy feel i would be stupid enough to race on a street with trafic, come on now. i was running on a street 2:30 am no cars were on the road that time just me and the guy. And for the other guys i did some jet work and custom made ram/cold air intake. i called a ram/cold air intake because i my intake run straight to the front of the car right by the front bumper so i'm drafting some serious cold air its most effective at night, and its pulls like mad from 2800 - 5000 rpm at least that where i change i don't go pass 5000 because my tranny don't alow me too. i also have a RS exhaust with 2 inch pipe.

Look for me when i start to put some psi in those cylinders it isn't going to be easy.

like i said big respect to the 4A-F guys out there :thumbup: :D
TRDemon... first off, i'm sorry that you felt you had to attacked me in that manner. i'm just gonna think that you're still young and ignorant, so you're excuse.

FYI: majority of high speed car accidents happen during the time you mentioned. if you honestly think, that there's NO possible way that you can take someone's life at 2:30 in the morning then i guess you're more stupid than i thought you were. if i were you, i'll remember this thread you started coz one day, when someone you know dies because of stupid mofos like you then you'll see where i'm coming from.

from the get go, you're so defensive from the other guys criticism. no one really came and said after your claim that it's all BS. they just gave you another view of what might have happened that's all. just take the criticism and move on. if you don't want unsolicited advise or comment, don't post it on a forum like this.

#25 ·
fohin said:
:lol:
I believed what TRDemon said is true! CAI and Mod carb would release the potential of 4af EVEN without the high lift cam. Rich a/f really good for mid to high end power. Juz as my 2A, could outrun a B14 SE-R turbo!
Unfortunately... it doesn't work that way (why would you want to put an intake on a carb anyway?). A performance carb's biggest asset is flow and fuel control. I'll GURRANTEE you... the stock motor can only intake so much so the flow is limited. The fuel can only be so fine tuned... so that's limited as well. It's not gonna make a huge difference without internal modifications. It's definately not gonna make anywhere near a stock Blacktop 20V. A 4AF makes like what... 90 horses? It's not gonna be that big of a difference without internal modifications.

#26 ·
Kwanza said:
No it doesn't add in the reaction... But, each side of the track has a different timer which starts when your car crosses the line... not when the race starts... so the time is correct. On this track, the reaction simply measures your launch ability and reaction. This run also was done on a free run night so they weren't running brackets at the time. I hit low 16's all night that night. I ran various other runs with like 16.1 16.2 with .5 reations (nearly perfect measured on a 0.500 system) so it's no mathmatical mistake... ;]
by your figures, my stock 4afe (with only intake) ran a 16.8..... and that was with a tranny that had syncro's going out.... because on bracket nights, the r/t time IS included (17.33- ~.45-.5... = 16.8'ish)..... because on a bracket night it isn't when your car crosses the line, it's when the tree turns green

punisher.... the 4af isn't all that light.... though the heads are aluminum (and so are the 4age's.... the head weight is very similar, probably only around 10lbs or so different), the blocks are cast iron and are somewhat heavy for 1.6L blocks...... if you had an aluminum block 4af then it might be different (and no, they didn't make them, it's a hypothetical....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.