Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. do you think there would be a noticeable difference in throttle response and power if i combined itb's with a cai on a 7afe engine. is project worth it. which other modification would you think would be needed other than throttle cable and adapter............

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Just run ITB's with filtersocks, forget the cai... Yeah it might change the powercurve a bit. I mean you have a direct line to the valve with ITB's and you can change the harmonic length to alter the powerband.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok if i forget the cai. and use open velocity stacks....or filter socks i would get a little bit of more pep????

also with open velocity stacks what kind of sound can i expect to resonate from the engine bay..........? a high pitch whistle type or a low growl.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
ok... about the TPS.... if you were to run 20V itb's, they have a toyota 4 wire tps on them already.

however, toyota ecu's run fine w/o a tps signal..... strangely enough, they run better w/o one than with a tps giving a bad signal

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Toyotaspeed, yeah because a bad signal confuses the ECU more than no signal at all. Just like when the o2 sensor in the mercedes crapped out, I just cut it off.

would the itbs actually fit on a F head? never knew it would....
Well they dont fit the 16V G-head either without an adaptor plate as far as I remember.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.