Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this issue for about a month or 2 now. Now for my cannabis users out there, we know how our pens get hot in the summer or in the heat. With that being said I had tried to cool down my pen so it wouldn't over heat and had left it resting in the air vent to cool down. Without thinking I had drove off and it fell right in. I've tried to reach in and grab it with a tool, even bought a small camera to help me see. With no success, I still haven't pulled the pen out, there's no issues other than getting air blown out to my feet when I only want the air going to my face. Any suggestions, need help figuring out how to remove the pen from deep inside the air vent. I will try to attach a picture of the pen and where it sits.
Automotive parking light Liquid Automotive lighting Bottle Hood

·
Registered
172 Posts
Turn a drug dog loose in there for a few minutes.

But actually you could use a stick of sorts with a ball of two-part plumbers epoxy putty on the end. Push it onto the pen, let it sit 3-4 hours then pull it out.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Prius Prime Limited
5,054 Posts
The vent covers pop out on most. I am not familiar with the 2020, but in my 2009 Camry I could remove the entire central air vent assembly by taking apart the HU area and removing the vent tubes. I did that to clean it all out, think I posted some pics of that in my '09 Camry fix 'er up thread. Anyway, you should be able to remove the vent tubes there - see about removing your head unit face or the entire thing and then the vent structure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts