Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm no chrome-o-phobe, my hot rods have plenty. for this truck though, i wanted to go all black. i think it looks mean as hell. sorry if you don't like it. it's an 06 trd sport, 4.0L 6 speed. here's the list:
-revtek spacers front, 2 inch blocks in the rear (revtek's blocks are small and your shit will squat)
-pro comp shocks in rear
-16x8 rock crawler wheels, 285/75 pro comp mud terrains, black lug nuts of course.
-dual outlet cat back exhaust
-air raid intake
-grillecraft mesh grilles, top and bottom
-hella fog lights behind grille
-front windows tinted to match factory rears
-black headlight mod
-blacked out tail lights and third brake light. (hard to tell from pics, but they are really black)
-completely debadged, including the "trd sport" from bed side
-piaa bulbs
i think that's it. not sure what i want to do next. hope you like it.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/breakslikeglass/IMG_0981.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/breakslikeglass/IMG_0979.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/breakslikeglass/IMG_0970.jpg

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
i'm no chrome-o-phobe, my hot rods have plenty. for this truck though, i wanted to go all black. i think it looks mean as hell. sorry if you don't like it. it's an 06 trd sport, 4.0L 6 speed. here's the list:
-revtek spacers front, 2 inch blocks in the rear (revtek's blocks are small and your shit will squat)
-pro comp shocks in rear
-16x8 rock crawler wheels, 285/75 pro comp mud terrains, black lug nuts of course.
-air raid intake
-black headlight mod
-blacked out tail lights and third brake light. (hard to tell from pics, but they are really black)
-piaa bulbs

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
6shooter said:
-pro comp shocks in rear
-air raid intake
-black headlight mod
-piaa bulbs

HERE YOU GO! You need to use the "IMG not the "url"

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
#1 How did you mount up those lights behind the grill?
#2 Could you take some pictures of how you mounted them.
#3 Are they PIAA?

I was just thinking this today just after I installed my billet grill, how nice it would be to install off-road lights behind there instead of installing a Bull Bar to mount the lights on...

thanks and good lookin' truck.....

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the fog lights are actually hellas. i had them laying around in the basement. they are mounted from top with bolts. there was already two holes in the core support so i just used those because they were equal distance. then it was just a matter of using the right length bolts to position the foglights correctly up and down. i can take pics if you like. i will try to tomorrow.

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
6shooter said:
-pro comp shocks in rear
-air raid intake
-black headlight mod
-piaa bulbs

HERE YOU GO! You need to use the "IMG not the "url"

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
very cool bro. you copy me:cool: . i see the hellas back theres. i put some hella black magic driving lights behind my grillecraft grilles also. the black magics have the black reflector so they blend in a little better. which ones do you have? i mounted mine directly to the grille, did you do the same thing? here are some pics. let me know. :)

day time blendin in.

in the dark with the flash on.

·
SUBLMNL
05 JEEP TJ
159 Posts
6shooter said:
i think that's it. not sure what i want to do next
I like it! I hate chrome too have been trying to find some one to swap grilles and the rear bumper with but no luck. Here is an idea for what you could do next Bushwacker flares would look good, and they are black too just shoot the bolts before you mount them. Here are some pics.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488705

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
I'm not a big fan of black, but I love what you've done with that. Truck looks very mean. I don't like the 6" lifts, but that truck would look even better with a 6" Fabtech running 35s. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.