Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They are absolutely terrible and you can't see anything lol.

I'm going to change them and I know it's 5x 194 bulbs for the dashboard. I know there are a few others but they are covers or something.

Which are the best?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr..._nkw=194+bulb+white&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Something like this? Either going for white or red. Or should I buy from SuperBright LEDs?

P.S. I cannot find the original topic for this, I searched and searched but I keep finding people to tell others to search harder lol. I went through about 10 topics now.

·
Registered
1992 SE Camry V6
120 Posts
My gen 3 only had 4 total 194's that were covered with a green gel cap. I removed the gel caps and purchased 4 new 194s from Autozone and the dash lights up great now!!! You could go with new LEDS for some outstanding brightness.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dimmer is on max and it's a dim yellow-green that is produced, I'll take a picture later.

I have a GEN4 1997 Camry, and I'm still trying to find the answer to how much bulbs I need, and or the gel caps.

Thank you.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
My dimmer is on max and it's a dim yellow-green that is produced, I'll take a picture later.

I have a GEN4 1997 Camry, and I'm still trying to find the answer to how much bulbs I need, and or the gel caps.

Thank you.
Remove the gauge cluster, and look! :thumbsup:

·
97 XLE
97 Camry XLE
207 Posts
subscribed, lol the right and left side of my cluster is pretty much burnt out...:rolleyes: so just following "lighting" threads reading up lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cluster Dash:
- 4x #194 bulbs for the gauges
- 6x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the gear indicator of the cluster
- 5x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the left warning indicator of the cluster (tail lights, seatbelt, battery, etc)
- 4x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the centre warning indicator of the cluster
- 5x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the right warning indicator of the cluster (engine check, trac off, abs, cruise, oil)

Center Console:
- 2x #74 bulbs for the HVAC
- 1x 4mm Neo-wedge for the AC button
- 1x 3mm Neo-wedge for the defrost button

Misc:
- 2x #74 for the key ring
- 1x #74 for the cigarette plug
- 1x #74 for the ash tray
- 1x DE3175 for the roof dome
- 1x 2825 for the back license plate

So was this for Gen 3 or 4? You need a lot of bulbs...got to find a place to buy them in bulk.

Also wish that gen 4 guide wasn't dead...I'd like to see how you do the ignition key ring :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cluster Dash:
- 4x #194 bulbs for the gauges
- 6x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the gear indicator of the cluster
- 5x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the left warning indicator of the cluster (tail lights, seatbelt, battery, etc)
- 4x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the centre warning indicator of the cluster
- 5x 4mm Neo-wedge bulbs for the right warning indicator of the cluster (engine check, trac off, abs, cruise, oil)

Center Console:
- 2x #74 bulbs for the HVAC
- 1x 4mm Neo-wedge for the AC button
- 1x 3mm Neo-wedge for the defrost button

Misc:
- 2x #74 for the key ring
- 1x #74 for the cigarette plug
- 1x #74 for the ash tray
- 1x DE3175 for the roof dome
- 1x 2825 for the back license plate

So was this for Gen 3 or 4? You need a lot of bulbs...got to find a place to buy them in bulk.

Also wish that gen 4 guide wasn't dead...I'd like to see how you do the ignition key ring :(

aww man i didnt even notice that threads pics wernt working. they worked a couple weeks ago though. im gonna be replacing all the bulbs in my car pretty soon so i can write a DIY for it. but all it really is is removing a few dash pieces and unscrewing one screw for the key ring. its really easy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah it's just taking out the ash tray, then the center console piece, then whatever else there is.

I just want to confirm which bulbs are which, because gen 3 is different then gen 4. And then I can be set an order what I need :D.

I want to change gauge lights, and indicator lights and anything green. I'm pretty sure all the other lights are orange, that's fine with me. Also ignition light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yah it's just taking out the ash tray, then the center console piece, then whatever else there is.

I just want to confirm which bulbs are which, because gen 3 is different then gen 4. And then I can be set an order what I need :D.

I want to change gauge lights, and indicator lights and anything green. I'm pretty sure all the other lights are orange, that's fine with me. Also ignition light.
the links i posted are all for gen 4. i also have a 97 camry. but that one list posted above i think is innacurate for some of the bulbs. not sizes but the amount of bulbs you will need

·
97 XLE
97 Camry XLE
207 Posts
Hey!
I wana check with ppl... To redo the Cluster Dash in LED's i'm looking at ordering these NEO4-x right?? and then WLED-x right? i plan on removing my cluster and see how many of ea i need but i wanted to get reassured that these will fit :confused:
~Kyle

·
Rabid Teddy
1999 Toyota Camry LE
200 Posts
Go with Red 194 LED's. They are bright and the red doesn't effect your night vision. I had them in my Camry for a couple years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Red is better than white? Is it bright enough to see? I know red is hard to light up...(dome light is red and sucks haha)

And yah, I thought the amount of bulbs was wrong, I want to know precisely what I will need to do every light, I might change my mind depending on how much it will cost to replace everything (except tranny light and anything orange)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just bumping to see if anyone else knows how many lights are in the dashboard and what not, I heard there are 5 bulbs instead of 4 for one part, but then again if I knew how to get to it correctly, I could check lol. What do you do after taking out the ash tray and the center console black piece?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anything that's not red/orange, so the gauges and whatever else is green...plus the center control knobs...not doing tranny unless it's easy but that looks like a pain and I don't want to mess with the tranny lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts