Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Highlander
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the acceptable jacking points (front and back) and positions for stands that will not cause damage? I want to be able to use my floor jack to lift eihter the front or back and place stands in the correct places. Pictures would be great, if available.

Thanks in advance for any and all help !

2004 Highlander, AWD, V6, Limited

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
If you look at the manual there is a bump in the CENTER of the rear sub frame near the rear diff. to lift the rear. There is also the same bump up front on the subframe. JUST be CAREFULL, and make sure it is spot on. A local tire shop jacked mine near the drip endge on the body and crushed them, good spots for rust to start. I was NOT HAPPY!

Reactions: Javaair

·
2004 I4 Highlander
2001 Honda Accord
163 Posts
The factory "tire changing" jack points are very weak, I wouldn't use a floor jack on them without a urethane pad. The spots in the center are the way to go, but again be careful of the jack stands on the weak metal where the OEM jack goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone has any photos? I got under the truck and could not find any front center place to use the 10tn jack I got at work. I used the rear Diff and it worked perfectly, but in the front I'm being too careful I guess

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
In the owners manual

Anyone has any photos? I got under the truck and could not find any front center place to use the 10tn jack I got at work. I used the rear Diff and it worked perfectly, but in the front I'm being too careful I guess
There are diagrams in the owners manual in the section on jacking points, the manual also specificly states DO NOT USE THE REAR PUMPKIN/DIFF HOUSING FOR THE REAR JACKING POINT! There is a slight bump down on the sub frame cross memmeber right in the center behind the rear diff. The one in front is also on the subframe just under the radiator in front of the engine and transaxle.

Reactions: Nusak

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are diagrams in the owners manual in the section on jacking points, the manual also specificly states DO NOT USE THE REAR PUMPKIN/DIFF HOUSING FOR THE REAR JACKING POINT! There is a slight bump down on the sub frame cross memmeber right in the center behind the rear diff. The one in front is also on the subframe just under the radiator in front of the engine and transaxle.
Oh ok thanks! (I have to read that thing...) I see what you are talking about in the front. Right where the front plastic skid plate meets the frame?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Found it!

Exactly, you found it! Found the one in the rear yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts