Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
1,155 Posts
I like how Toyota is continuing to push Hybrid/EV development, even though they can't make enough to satisfy the current market demand.

If supply conditions ever mitigate, they will be well positioned in the marketplace.

· Registered
116 Posts
A quick Internet search says that in Europe and Japan it's rated at 58 miles battery range.

· Registered
120 Posts
A quick Internet search says that in Europe and Japan it's rated at 58 miles battery range.
[/QUOTE

To amend my comment this is a Partially electric hybrid and gas with limited 58 miles range on electric alone. So is this the best we can do technology wise ?
Go full electric then if that’s your desire, what’s the point of having such a limited charge range ? An emergency if you run out of gas, to hopefully get home ?
What will this cost over a regular hybrid
Venza ?

· Registered
214 Posts
They are building these types for the advantage that most trips are short. So this way, it can be all electric and not use any gas.
Further distances means larger/more batteries, charge system different, etc - all adds weight and space to vehicle.

· Registered
'21 Venza xle '20 Highlander Pl
873 Posts
Actually Hybrid/EV a wise marketing decision. Venza CUV class vehicles are best suited for around town scooters, so 58 miles electric battery with overnight home charge at standard 120v socket is more than good enough for that purpose

Besides, even with Limited grade seating in a Venza, more than an hour ride becomes a literal pain in the a$$. Planned trips longer than that and I'll spring for the cost of a gas fed Highlander

· Registered
120 Posts
Actually Hybrid/EV a wise marketing decision. Venza CUV class vehicles are best suited for around town scooters, so 58 miles electric battery with overnight home charge at standard 120v socket is more than good enough for that purpose

Besides, even with Limited grade seating in a Venza, more than an hour ride becomes a literal pain in the a$$. Planned trips longer than that and I'll spring for the cost of a gas fed Highlander
And here I’m driving 40 miles, hwy, round trip to work typically 70-80 mph as an avg. My needs were to get away from a XSE Camry, the sports car type vehicle w/low profile tires that find pot holes and flats like nobodies business !
Venza checked all the other boxes and my first CUV, hybrid to boot. I wanted a new driving experience and generally I like it. I have another year left on the lease and if the supply chain/chip shortage is still around I may have to hang on to it or pay more for a ‘23, if it’s even available when I’m due. My wife had great timing she was just over the 36K miles when she spoke to the mgr at our dealership about her options on the ‘20 Camry SE, a ‘23 Camry SE in black just rolled off the carrier truck, so a deal was made with 7 months left on the old lease, they bought the car and her monthly payment was only $10. more.
She was lucky, timing is everything, hope I get that lucky too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts