·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Note to self: Never visit Japan. Absolutely insane place. :facepalm:

G

·
0 Posts
Note to self: Never visit Japan. Absolutely insane place. :facepalm:
I wouldn't mind touring the Toyota plant where my Yaris was built. Maybe meeting the Engineering team who designed it, if they had the time to meet an appreciative colleague from the US. Thank them for their careful design of ergonomics. Maybe share a few disappointments I have - Yaris like to rust - and perhaps ask them to build them with more rust resistant components.

I have also wanted to mess around with a twenty something Japanese lady, the chubby ones.

G

·
0 Posts
Gotta love the comment. "I would love to try that with Ricky Martin"

At a former work place a few of my colleagues worshiped Ricky. They hung his poster up in their locker room.

I said, "He's gay. You know that?"

They razzed me and jacked me off. "He's a man's man". A couple of years later Ricky "came out". His "Vita Loca" included sticking dicks where they did not necessarily need to go.

I have lost track of those ladies. I do recall the looks of pure horror on their faces when I said that to them.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,910 Posts
You think the US is better, what with women giving BJs to Police Officers, or sucking off guys in bathrooms?
Allow me to reword your reply to this: What with girls giving boys BJs on the playground and school buses for money, or guys sucking off other guys in bathrooms? That described both my nephews' experiences in growing up during their middle school years....:facepalm:....no less. And people think America is normal.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pretty disgusting place where you can buy dirty panties from vending machines.
murder rate:
US - 4.7 per 100,000 people
Japan - 0.4 per 100,000 people

rape rate:
US - 27.3 per 100,000
Japan - 1.0 per 100,000

incarceration rate:
US - 716 per 100,000
Japan - 54 per 100,000

They may have strange taste in sex, but comparing things that really matter US looks much more disgusting. I'd rather prefer men do strange things on TV or buy used panties in vending machines than to have one in every four female college students reporting that she has been sexually assaulted during her stay in college.

·
Registered
740 Posts
murder rate:

rape rate:
US - 27.3 per 100,000
Japan - 1.0 per 100,000

incarceration rate:
US - 716 per 100,000
Japan - 54 per 100,000

They may have strange taste in sex, but comparing things that really matter US looks much more disgusting. I'd rather prefer men do strange things on TV or buy used panties in vending machines than to have one in every four female college students reporting that she has been sexually assaulted during her stay in college.
The U.S. has a higher population, doesn't surprise me.

However, Japan having the smaller population ironically have a much higher suicide rate than the U.S. Suicide is usually attributed to mental illness.

I rest my case. :thumbsup:

-------------------

I'd like to add. In Japanese law, what constitutes a rape is that a man's penis has to penetrate a woman's vagina ACCOMPANIED by bodily harm. So if I drug a woman in Japan and have vaginal sex with her while she's passed out... that's not rape according to their laws.

Of course that won't be counted on your "rape" statistics. I'm willing to bet that, just like the suicide rate, if ALL forms of non consensual sex is counted... Japan would beat the U.S.A. Oh, and date rape drugs are prevalent there. As long as you don't beat or bruise her, you can legally have your way until she wakes up ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
The U.S. has a higher population, doesn't surprise me.
These are statistics per 100,000 people, so total population does not change the rates.
US prison population: 2.27 million. Divided by population (317 million) times 100,000 = 716
Japan prison population: 68.7 thousand. Divided by population (123 million) times 100,000 = 54

The same math applies to all the other statistics. Or is this elementary school math still too complicated to understand?

·
Registered
740 Posts
These are statistics per 100,000 people, so total population does not change the rates.
US prison population: 2.27 million. Divided by population (317 million) times 100,000 = 716
Japan prison population: 68.7 thousand. Divided by population (123 million) times 100,000 = 54

The same math applies to all the other statistics. Or is this elementary school math still too complicated to understand?
Funny how you ignore the rest of my post. Not surprised.
I'm counting the number of human lives, I know they don't mean much to you.

If 50 people die out from a sample of 100,000 then 50 people die. If a total population consists of a sum of 300,000 then anyone who knows basic that would give you a total of 150 people who died out of the entire population.

It's funny how with all your love for that country I'm wondering why you're not living there. Perhaps it's not a country that friendly to immigrants. Outside their race to be specific. Do I need to school you about how the Japanese are with people who are not like them? We're talking about their LAWS.

They're on a population decline and their children are committing suicide at an alarming rate. I'm afraid there's something unpleasant under all that icing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm afraid there's something unpleasant under all that icing.
If there is something you should be afraid of is NRA, stand-your-ground law, relentless push for religion in education by evangelical fanatics, growing poverty, and many other problems. USA has many problems to fix and you should start by cleaning your own backyard, instead of worrying about Japan.

I choose to live when it pleases me. I have been to Japan, and ~40 other countries. I have lived for extended period of time in eight - on four different continents. Every place has good and bad things. What pisses me off is when people criticize other countries while turning blind eye to their own (many times more serious) problems.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If there is something you should be afraid of is NRA, stand-your-ground law, relentless push for religion in education by evangelical fanatics, growing poverty, and many other problems. USA has many problems to fix and you should start by cleaning your own backyard, instead of worrying about Japan.

I choose to live when it pleases me. I have been to Japan, and ~40 other countries. I have lived for extended period of time in eight - on four different continents. Every place has good and bad things. What pisses me off is when people criticize other countries while turning blind eye to their own (many times more serious) problems.
Seems like you're fixated on the flaws of the US and only seem to see the goods in countries you TOURED in. Tourist places are usually controlled and made to look prettier than the rest of the place.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
34,910 Posts
I don't mean to be a moral relativist, but what is strange and abhorrent in one society is normal in another, and what is/was strange and abhorrent within a culture yesteryear is the new normal today. History is rife with examples of this. Again, I'm not trying to be a chickenshit moral relativist, but it does pay to step back and look in a much bigger context at any of a number of social issues.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Seems like you're fixated on the flaws of the US and only seem to see the goods in countries you TOURED in. Tourist places are usually controlled and made to look prettier than the rest of the place.
Evidently you have a reading comprehension problem (in addition to lack of basic mathematics skills). I wrote that I LIVED FOR EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME in eight countries - three in Europe, two in North America, two in South America and one in Asia. Extended period means between 18 months and 5 years. I have learned the local languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French and Turkish) and spent more than a fair share of time with local people, at their homes and with their families. Unlike most Americans, my worldview is not shaped by Foxnews but by on-the-ground experience.

I am not fixated on US problems. But I think we should focus on solving internal problems first before trying to fix the world.

G

·
0 Posts
murder rate:

rape rate:
US - 27.3 per 100,000
Japan - 1.0 per 100,000

incarceration rate:
US - 716 per 100,000
Japan - 54 per 100,000

Suicide rate - (per 100,000)

Japan (male) 36.2

Japan (female) 13.2

US (male) 17.7

US (female) 4.5

http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/

Chalk up AT LEAST HALF of the US prison rate to our war (on some) drugs.

US murder rate is concentrated for the most part in a handful of urban areas. While the source of this violence is controversial illicit traffic in drugs is blamed for much of it. FWIW - one in four African American men is in prison, on parole or on probation. I bless my stars and God that the Great Society did not happen 100 years ago when my people were the ones who were "always in trouble" while urban and rural black folks minded their damn business, had strong families and worked as families to better their own lives.

G

·
0 Posts
I am not fixated on US problems. But I think we should focus on solving internal problems first before trying to fix the world.
That's a sensible point of view, one sadly lacking in the US.

While I am proud of my nation's accomplishments I think our tendency to impose our "goodness" upon others whether they like it or not is disrespectful if not bombastic.

G

·
0 Posts
I'd rather prefer men do strange things on TV or buy used panties in vending machines than to have one in every four female college students reporting that she has been sexually assaulted during her stay in college.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.... and no I don't have a lot of pity for a dizzy bitch who gets drunk around the wrong sort of people. If girls were raised right they'd keep their mouths shut and their legs together. They wouldn't be around jack offs who figure that "getting" is all it's about.

That being said Rape is a disgusting crime.

1 - 20 of 567 Posts