Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just installed the Dasaita PX6 and I had the greenedge JBL radio. I’m getting a terrible sound that I will attach in a video. I have checked my connections a million times with nothing seeming to be lose, broken or connected wrong. I read through the old forums of people getting a hiss but this is a different sound. No matter what volume the stereo is at the noise stays the same volume, it doesn’t get louder when I accelerate and it’s louder on the speakers in the dash then it is on the door speakers. I disconnected each connection and plugged it back in with the radio on to see if that would stop it with no luck. About 4 seconds after I disconnected the canbus it would stop for a split second and then start again. Did it four times in a row and did it each time. Please help! Also emailing the seller.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a similar issue. They had to send me a additional mini wiring harness to attach in line with the original harness that seemed to clean up my sound.
I had a contant hissing type white noise in the background at all time. Now it's whisper silent even on the lowest or highest volume regardless if i'm playing music or not.

Reach out to the seller and they should send you out the correct harness IF that is the issue you are having. I bought through aliexpress and the seller was very good about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I contacted them along with attaching the video and am waiting to hear from them now. Hoping it gets solved cause it’s really nice other then this obvious issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is from amazon user review. I hope it'll help.

''I also had an unacceptable level of buzzing/crackling coming through the left speakers anytime data was being transmitted over the wifi radio. Ultimately, I resolved this by replacing the stubby antenna that came with the radio, with one from an old router. That completely eliminated the noise. The wifi antenna is located directly above the main (ISO) wiring harness connection to the radio, and with such a small antenna, I think the RF interference was concentrated right over the audio lines. I haven't found many others who have seen this issue, so it may be that just my antenna was defective/noisy.''

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is from amazon user review. I hope it'll help.

''I also had an unacceptable level of buzzing/crackling coming through the left speakers anytime data was being transmitted over the wifi radio. Ultimately, I resolved this by replacing the stubby antenna that came with the radio, with one from an old router. That completely eliminated the noise. The wifi antenna is located directly above the main (ISO) wiring harness connection to the radio, and with such a small antenna, I think the RF interference was concentrated right over the audio lines. I haven't found many others who have seen this issue, so it may be that just my antenna was defective/noisy.''
There's a few variations to this. I didn't have any issues with wifi noise interference but there's a member on the board here that did! and he solved it by making sure to ground the black grounding wire to the metal bracket on the upper corners... initially he had it under the bottom bolt but that goes to plastic only in the back.

Easy thing to check and see if it fixes your issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for these suggestions. I’ll try the WiFi antenna thing tomorrow and I triple checked that the grounding cable was attached to the upper screw. The company is also sending me a new harness believing that mine may be defective? I checked as much as I could but it seemed ok. I’ll post what resolve it once I find the issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts