Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have had problems with the JBL soundsystem in the 2007 Camry? I'm getting an Error3 message (internal problem, per the book). Also, the system won't work when switching between modes at times. Haven't had it to the dealer's shop yet, getting body work done (18 yr old driving too fast - didn't stop.)

Has anyone upgraded the speakers?

Just curious

Besides that, first Toy and I'm sold. Damn quick straight out of the box.

Thanks

·
::::::::::::::::
960 Posts
No problems here. Everything works fine and the sound quality is really good. The only thing I might do to the audio setup is put a 12" diamond sub in the trunk...maybe.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mistabullet said:
No problems here. Everything works fine and the sound quality is really good. The only thing I might do to the audio setup is put a 12" diamond sub in the trunk...maybe.
im in the same boat, just not deep enough on some of those notes, compared to the JBL in the 4Runner I used to own.

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
1,329 Posts
Compared to the Camry LE 6 speaker stock....Fantastic. I am amazed at how little I have to turn it up...it gets loud quick. Adding a Sub-woofer would be perfect though.

·
Registered
07 camry xle i4
122 Posts
no probs here.. would it be very difficult to integrate a sub and amp ? any recomendations on some bass applications?

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts
Cleaver said:
How many have had problems with the JBL soundsystem in the 2007 Camry? I'm getting an Error3 message (internal problem, per the book). Also, the system won't work when switching between modes at times. Haven't had it to the dealer's shop yet, getting body work done (18 yr old driving too fast - didn't stop.)

Has anyone upgraded the speakers?

Just curious

Besides that, first Toy and I'm sold. Damn quick straight out of the box.

Thanks
I had the same problem. Just take it to your dealership and have them look at it. Once they confirm that they can't fix it, they will just order you a new once and replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I upgraded my speakers

I upgraded to JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way Component System in the front and JL Audio 6x9's iTR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers in the back. I also have JL Audio cleansweep so I can keep my factory headunit. I also have 2 amps-one for the interior speakers and the other for my 10" JBL sub. Make sure you check the depth of your speakers because I bought 4 JBL Power 6x9's for the front and back (Toyota says that 6x9s all around) but it was too deep-it couldn't fit right.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
07SEV6 said:
I upgraded to JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way Component System in the front and JL Audio 6x9's iTR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers in the back. I also have JL Audio cleansweep so I can keep my factory headunit. I also have 2 amps-one for the interior speakers and the other for my 10" JBL sub. Make sure you check the depth of your speakers because I bought 4 JBL Power 6x9's for the front and back (Toyota says that 6x9s all around) but it was too deep-it couldn't fit right.
I have a 07 LE I4 Non-JBL. Upgrade with JL amps under the front passenger seat. Add 4 JBL Power 6x9' for the front and back. I have to use the spacer to fit the speaker. It works!!!

·
I do all my own stunts
561 Posts
No issues here, but I am pretty dissapointed in the sound quality, clarity is good but I guess I expected more when the dealer told me the car came with 440 watts, I've heard a Yugo with a 200 watt amp hooked to some 8's that thumped harder than my XLE, makes me wonder WTF. Has anyone looked into if there's any adjustments/fine tuning at the factory amp?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
07XLE said:
No issues here, but I am pretty dissapointed in the sound quality, clarity is good but I guess I expected more when the dealer told me the car came with 440 watts, I've heard a Yugo with a 200 watt amp hooked to some 8's that thumped harder than my XLE, makes me wonder WTF. Has anyone looked into if there's any adjustments/fine tuning at the factory amp?
You contradict yourself. You speak of sound quality, then attempt to quantify that sound quality in terms of wattage and 'thump'

In terms of balance and frequency response, the system is quite good for a factory system in a non-luxo class vehicle. If you want thump, add a subwoofer. The low end response is respsectable for the speakers that are in teh car, but you need something with a larger surface area that is designed for a lower end freq. response to truly make the trunk rattle.

I was an IASCA judge for several years and a MECP 1st Class installer. I know good auto sound.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Speaking of adding a Sub-Woofer... What does it intail to add one in your trunk? I do not want one that wastes all my trunk space. I was thinking of a tube like Sub that fits up between the two speakers. Out of the way so I can still load my trunk with Dood like family things.

How would an Old Dood like me get something like that done? Do you have to run more speaker wire from the amp? Or can you splice in? What would be the cost? I have a friend who can help me. He is a GM mechanic and has installed my Sat-Radio nice and clean like... I was kinda looking to you smart young guys about what quality Sub (brand) and all that. Like I said though...I don't want something HUGE...one of those compact tube subs seems enough.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Old Dood said:
Speaking of adding a Sub-Woofer... What does it intail to add one in your trunk? I do not want one that wastes all my trunk space. I was thinking of a tube like Sub that fits up between the two speakers. Out of the way so I can still load my trunk with Dood like family things.

How would an Old Dood like me get something like that done? Do you have to run more speaker wire from the amp? Or can you splice in? What would be the cost? I have a friend who can help me. He is a GM mechanic and has installed my Sat-Radio nice and clean like... I was kinda looking to you smart young guys about what quality Sub (brand) and all that. Like I said though...I don't want something HUGE...one of those compact tube subs seems enough.
I personally recommend going to your local professional auto-sound shop and asking for advice. Not teh local bump/thump and rim joint, but a true auto-sound shop. Usually they are the ones that sell the higher end gear like Alpine, Eclipse, and the like. They are the brands that require a MECP certified installer on staff at their resellers.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
wireless said:
I personally recommend going to your local professional auto-sound shop and asking for advice. Not teh local bump/thump and rim joint, but a true auto-sound shop. Usually they are the ones that sell the higher end gear like Alpine, Eclipse, and the like. They are the brands that require a MECP certified installer on staff at their resellers.
Ok...thanks.

That makes sense...

Idea of cost? Ballpark costs? $100.00? $200.00?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Old Dood said:
Ok...thanks.

That makes sense...

Idea of cost? Ballpark costs? $100.00? $200.00?
A DIY power Bazooka tube would be around $200 or so but you couldnt spend upwards of $500 for a fully custom stealth mounted subwoofer enclosure that minimized the amount of trunk space.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
wireless said:
A DIY power Bazooka tube would be around $200 or so but you couldnt spend upwards of $500 for a fully custom stealth mounted subwoofer enclosure that minimized the amount of trunk space.
hmm...fuck me! No way I will spend $500.00 on a sub. Thanks tho...much appreciated!

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
A little wordy there Dood arent we? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
JSM1284 said:
A little wordy there Dood arent we? :rolleyes:
What is that suppose to mean by the way? Please enlighten me...

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Old Dood said:
hmm...fuck me! No way I will spend $500.00 on a sub. Thanks tho...much appreciated!
A little wordy, Just being funny. No meaning by it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts