Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I could find the parts neccessary to connect a JBL radio to a car that didn't come with a JBL system? Oemvalue says they have a source for the jumper harness/digital amp for $275, but I was curious if anyone knew of any other options.

I'm planning to replace the single disc player in my car with another 07 stereo(either 6disk or NAV), and also upgrade the speakers and power them with an aftermarket amp, so I wouldn't need the JBL amp, just a way to connect my amp to the headunit.

If I would've known how much I would grow to admire the factory head unit, I would've got a JBL system to start with. My original plan was just to go all aftermarket, but that blue nightglow is mesmerizing!:lol:

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
I had the local stero shop in San Diego installed the 400 watts JL amps under the passengers seat connected to my OEM Factory head unit + Four 6x9 JBL speakers. For the front door speakers they had to use spacer/adapter so the JBL speakers would fit into the door. It sounds sooooo much better.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm sure that does sound a lot better!

I'm actually planning on putting JL in my car as well, although I'm putting in JL 6x9s. Hooking up an amp to the headunit shouldn't be a problem for me, I'm just wondering the best way to go about the uprgrading of the factory single disc with a factory JBL headunit.

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
1,329 Posts
so in reality...having the JBL system with e JBL 440 watt amp would sound better IF you just replaced the speakers?

I was thinking of doing just that...replace the speakers and keeping everything else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same question, so an answer to this would be ever so helpful. I want to put in a 6 disc JBL head unit and use aftermarket amps with it...and not use speaker level for the amp input or hi to lo adapters...

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
any amp will do...but keep in mind that the non-jbl speakers are still worthless even if you amp them. that's why jbl's sound better than regular oem speakers.

·
Registered
2007 camry se 4cyl
42 Posts
ditch the jbl idea and go with a better route...new double din navigation deck deck(will still light your face up anight like the stock)...amp and speakers....that jbl amp i know for a fact is not doing 440 watts or whatever the sticker/book says, more like 200watts at most...i upgraded the deck got a true 1000 watt rms 4 channel and i ran those stock jbl speakers and i noticed way more loudness and clarity out of those speakers...then i proceeded to put my spl setup in and then after a min or so pressure level in the trunk blew those rear speakers.pos jbl paper thin cones...so just repalce the deck get a good 4 channel and get 6x9 component sets for the front and rear thats if money wasnt an issue....

·
Registered
2007 camry se 4cyl
42 Posts
oh regardless you do the jbl route your going to have to upgrade the speakers becuase i remember testing the ohms on my jbl speakers and it was around 2 ohms....oem i think is 4 ohm not sure though.....if your stocks run at 2 ohms your set for the jbl system your car....way too much work to put a jbl system in a non jbl equipped car imho.....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
what i need help with is that i want to buy a jbl hu with bluetooth and 6cd changer but i dont have a jbl system in my car. do i need any adapters or what????? :)

·
Registered
2007 camry se 4cyl
42 Posts
Holy thread ressurection.
I got rid of my camry years ago got tired of it. But if I remember it right you would need the whole wiring harness. The stock amp. Jbl deck. All I know the wiring harness is way different than what you have right now. I don't think they have any adaptors to switch over to the Jbl setup doue check just in case . I still have my Jbl 6disk deck and the amp but 2 channels is blown if you want to buy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts