Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if you guys have noticed but when i pulled my 3.5 panel off today that there was something pretty cool on the back....

I just thought it was pretty JDM YO!!

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i think thats the part number. The panel is the one in the back that says camry, between the taillights.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
good find, i looked on the gen 3 panel under my bed and it didnt have that number. My 3.5 one is in the shop though so I dunno if mine has it too or not.

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i just thought it was pretty cool that the panel actually has the words scepter on it.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,895 Posts
i guess im silly, i dont see the big deal that this part is used in both the camry and the scepter. im sure there are probably may pieces that share the same parts bind from one vehicle to the next. i know, i know, i just dont understand because of my advanced age of 29.

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,287 Posts
ghettosled said:
i guess im silly, i dont see the big deal that this part is used in both the camry and the scepter. im sure there are probably may pieces that share the same parts bind from one vehicle to the next. i know, i know, i just dont understand because of my advanced age of 29.
What? This part is not used in both camry and the scepter those are the part #'s for the camry panel, and the scepter panel. And people want the scepter panel because its unique, you are no longer driving a camry but a scepter, and all of a sudden your part of the JDM craze too, lol. Does that make sense?

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ghettosled said:

First off its just cool to see the words scepter on the camry, i would of never guessed it would be anywhere on a US camry... second its JDM YO!!!

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,895 Posts
:disappoin since this special scepter tag is on your camry, wont it be on EVERYONES camry? i still dont know why its strange to think that car manufactures share parts between different models, even if the are from other countries. (i dont mean to sound defensive, im just trying to lean more about the camry and this JDM craze you are joking about. hey, i like my camry the way it is.)

would you be surprised to see pontiac GTO parts from the US on a holden monaro in australia?

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,287 Posts
ghettosled said:
:disappoin since this special scepter tag is on your camry, wont it be on EVERYONES camry? i still dont know why its strange to think that car manufactures share parts between different models, even if the are from other countries. (i dont mean to sound defensive, im just trying to lean more about the camry and this JDM craze you are joking about. hey, i like my camry the way it is.)

would you be surprised to see pontiac GTO parts from the US on a holden monaro in australia?
No we wouldn't be surprised cuz its not JDM :lol: j/k. But that is somewhat different seeing as everyone knows about the holden GTO thing. Hardly anyone knows about the camry's counterpart the scepter and it makes us feel special. I could also have to do with getting the grocery getter tag off your back like ohh you drive a camry vs. wtf is a scepter???

PS: im gunna ask my dealer abt this part # tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Hmm.....I'll have to have my friend check the Scepter panel part # and see if that matches. Thats nuts!

·
Registered
Gen 3 Camry
445 Posts
ghettosled said:
that's a good analogy. i really don't think anyone here would give a rats arse about a badge on a monaro that read 'pontiac' instead or something like that. if anything, we would think of the person driving the monaro as being a few beers short of a six pack.

i too fail to see why everyone is jumping up and down with such excitement about a piece of plastic between the taillights that would have the word 'scepter' instead of 'camry'... maybe it makes your car go faster :rolleyes:

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
The reason why ppl make a big deal is by having their Cam labeled Scepter instead of Camry, makes it unquie and different from all the other Camrys on the road.

It just like us Lexus guys switching out the Lexus names of our cars for the JP Toyota names. It makes it stand out and special.

Its like the Nissan and Honda guys changing their USDM cars to look like the JDM counterpart. And they go even further by doing complete front clip conversions and such.

One of the biggest conversions we do since we are strictly Toyta, Lexus and Scion is the MR2 MRs conversions from USDM to JDM

by being JDM it makes the car special period..

And about the part number, that very well could be it, i dont recognize it, but will check my parts list tomorrow. The weird thing about this number is the regular 3 Gen Cam/Scepter part number for this is in the 80000 series, and this is a step down in the 70000. but I will check and see what the deal it.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
its all apart of the car customization that has been around way back even in the Muscle and hot rod car era,

Take a Baricuda, drop in a Hemi, and label it a Hemi Cuda. :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts