Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
99 TRD Camry
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up JDM headlights for my 99 Camry. Does anyone know if I can just plug into the existing wires or need to custom make?

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,073 Posts
Wiring should be the same, are they for Left hand drive?

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
thats such a noobish thing to do, heck even I did it lol.

it should be the same if not, just get the headlight connector s for it. if your good at soldering, go that route! good luck

·
Registered
99 TRD Camry
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is from Camry Gracia in Japan. The front of the headlight is glass and it's clear, unlike the US ones. Took a while to find one in the junk yard. My cousin in Japan finally found one. Paid about $250 including shipping.

Thanks for the info, I'll post pics when I install them.

·
The 6"4 Viking
Toyota Hilux 3.0D4D
464 Posts
JMSinMD said:
In Japan they drive on the same side as the states so Im thinking the headlights would not have to be adjusted right? Secondly I don't think there's any difference between JDM taillights and our taillights. Jon.
hehe no they dont drive on the same side in japan, so
using jdm headlights would blind oncoming traffic, the
taillights are non directional so jdm taillights are ok.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Japan uses right hand drive E-code lamps so they would blind opposing traffic if you don't aim them right. E-code lights have a flat cut off on the driver side light but cut off at an upward angle on the passenger side light. Use those in the US and the upward cut off will cause opposing traffic to be blinded.

US lights have a soft cut off across the top of the lights.

·
Call Me Evolution Racer
Lancer Evolution
609 Posts
Go Evo, I have one... not daily driver though...

·
Registered
99 TRD Camry
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WestCoastff said:
anyway you could get anything for the 3rd gen cam's?
I can ask my cousin, what are you looking for?

Thank you all for the info everyone is giving. I won't be able to install the lights till the weekend but will take pics before I install and will post here.

·
Man on a mission...
635 Posts
There's no way one can adjust RHD lamps to be as good as LHD lamps. The flare's on the left, and not on the right as touringcamry pointed out

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
TRDKAMURI99 said:
I can ask my cousin, what are you looking for?

Thank you all for the info everyone is giving. I won't be able to install the lights till the weekend but will take pics before I install and will post here.
on this forum, there is a HUGE demand for the 1 piece headlights for gen 3 camry. those are found in the scepter in japan.

if you can get these, im sure you could sell 15-20 sets on here and make a profit.

also, you might make a good profit selling the center trunk panels from the scepters if you can get them.

·
Living on a Rock
1,721 Posts
touringcamry said:
Japan uses right hand drive E-code lamps so they would blind opposing traffic if you don't aim them right. E-code lights have a flat cut off on the driver side light but cut off at an upward angle on the passenger side light. Use those in the US and the upward cut off will cause opposing traffic to be blinded.

US lights have a soft cut off across the top of the lights.

haha, yeah you right about the blinding oposing traffic... i got JDM lights on my corolla... sweet lights but i had to convert to H4 with a harness, but bright as hell. people think i got the high beams on and flip me their high beams, then i dump mine on them...

[URL=http://www.theimagehosting.com]
[/URL]

1 - 20 of 59 Posts