Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to swap a JDM N/A MKIII Supra motor into a USDM MKIII chassis, what is different? Is it just plug and play? I found them for like $900 from a couple importers. Thanks.

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
Why would you? Is your motor blwon? The JDM 7MGE is the same as the USDM 7MGE. If you are going to the trouble of changing out the motor then get a turbo motor.

·
Registered
91 Supra Turbo
10 Posts
motor eh

my buddy swapped motors in is nissan 240sx (to a sr20det) he thought it would be plug and play, (with the new wiring harness) except a lot of the plugs and stuff on the jdm wiring harnes were on the opposite side (right hand drive) Other than that, if you're using the same wiring harness......I don't see why it'd be any different at all!:thumbup:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TcmaBoy said:
Why would you? Is your motor blwon? The JDM 7MGE is the same as the USDM 7MGE. If you are going to the trouble of changing out the motor then get a turbo motor.
Yeah the stocker is burning a shitload of oil. Used JDM nonturbo motors are easy to find and I don't want the hassle of a turbo conversion. I just want to know what's different and what I need to do to make it work. Expertise or a link would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Morpheus said:
Yeah the stocker is burning a shitload of oil. Used JDM nonturbo motors are easy to find and I don't want the hassle of a turbo conversion. I just want to know what's different and what I need to do to make it work. Expertise or a link would be great, thanks.
ive neevr heard a mk3 owner who said he didnt want boost. your descision seeign how a torbo swap isn't hard at all. oh and GTE's go for 900 not GE's. you can get a GE for liek 400 bucks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CryoSlash said:
ive neevr heard a mk3 owner who said he didnt want boost. your descision seeign how a torbo swap isn't hard at all. oh and GTE's go for 900 not GE's. you can get a GE for liek 400 bucks.
Link to GE's? I guess I keep finding GTE's. How much more work is involved with the GTE?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts