1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
lol! nice!
do they fit the regular plate holders?
where'd you get them from?
I would take a pic of it on the car but its been raining here.
The plate is bigger then a normal license plate but it mounts up the same, I got it off ebay.
Its a knock off but I like it, I have a actual japanese plate but it started chipping.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
can't read it but it does not look Japanese to me.
It's Chinese. I can't read Chinese but I do know how to play Chinese Chess.
The letter to the left of 330 meant a "Horse" then to the left of that meant "Car"
At least that was how it translated into Vietnamese. :D

·
2008 Camry Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid
1,527 Posts
I have lived in Japan for over 3 years in the past. I don't know about the top two letters because they're either in the kanji alphabet or something else.

The letter to the left of VV-TI is from the Japanese hiragana alphabet. It looks familiar. Upon closer inspection however, I think this plate is a complete knock-off. This symbol represents the sound "sa". However, on the plate it is printed the wrong way!

This is the proper way of writing "sa". On the plate it's flipped! I think the maker of the knock-off doesn't know much at all! :lol:

Nice plate otherwise, though.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
I have lived in Japan for over 3 years in the past. I don't know about the top two letters because they're either in the kanji alphabet or something else.

The letter to the left of VV-TI is from the Japanese hiragana alphabet. It looks familiar. Upon closer inspection however, I think this plate is a complete knock-off. This symbol represents the sound "sa". However, on the plate it is printed the wrong way!

This is the proper way of writing "sa". On the plate it's flipped! I think the maker of the knock-off doesn't know much at all! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: reminds me on the t-shirts in the US who have Chinese writing on it because it looks "nice" ...but some of them actually said stuff you really do not want to wear on your chest.:eek:

·
Registered
03 Toyota Highlander
1,672 Posts

The character on the plate is actually hiragana character "chi". I know my japanese lol

Still, don't think the VVt-i thing is that great. Authentic plates only come in numbers. The two kanji characters on top represent the province/county its from. Though I think its not written very well.

·
Registered
Camry 3.5V6 (XLE)
44 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: reminds me on the t-shirts in the US who have Chinese writing on it because it looks "nice" ...but some of them actually said stuff you really do not want to wear on your chest.:eek:
I've seen some foreigners wearing T-shirts with Chinese wordings, but most of them are no harm. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.