Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my mp3 player comes with custom EQ settings, when plugged into the camry the bass is deffinetly more noticeable and it doesn't fade when upping the volume,,,,,so in this case, is this a way to eliminate the cost and installation fees for a JL audio cleansweep? I'm installing an amp & sub next week and hope the bass doesnt fade, it shouldnt right? all of us would be saving mula if this is true

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
i dont quite get what you are saying...

you currently have your mp3 player hooked up using..... aux input? and you dont have a problem with the bass "fading" when the volume goes up?

you plan to install a sub and amp, im assuming with no aftermarket HU, but where does the cleansweep come into play?

explain your situation better...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, if yall didn't notice, when turning the radio up the less bass u get.
JL audio cleansweep I was told corrected this.

Before buying the cleansweep I purchased an mp3 player(plugged into aux port) where i can customize the EQ. Problem fixed! Money saved.

People kept telling me that i NEEDED a cleansweep, guess not

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
OK, if yall didn't notice, when turning the radio up the less bass u get.
Is the reason for this not obvious? Your woofers aren't invincible...

I'm not exactly sure what a "cleansweep" is, but if you need to install a sub/subs, I would see if there's a pre-out on the back of your head unit. If so, this would obviously not be affected by the bass limiting you are speaking of and would be the best option for running audio cables.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is the reason for this not obvious? Your woofers aren't invincible...

I'm not exactly sure what a "cleansweep" is, but if you need to install a sub/subs, I would see if there's a pre-out on the back of your head unit. If so, this would obviously not be affected by the bass limiting you are speaking of and would be the best option for running audio cables.

A JLA CS will "clean" the signal from the OE HU and will make it sound better. It also lets you run amps with your OE HU without having to install a cheap LOC. If you have a hard time understanding JLA, CS, OE, HU...you have no business giving this guy advice.

CAMBURY,

If you dont notice any bass fade running your mp3 player then you'll be fine. Im running a cheap LOC off the left rear speaker to a 800W amp powering a 10" RF P2 and dont notice any loss in bass as I up the volume. I dont know if you have the JBL sound system, I dont. I sold my CS just because I didnt want to bother with the install but I've had nothing but great experiences with them. GL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Efromcali and the rest, I just wanted to put it out there that you really dont need the Cleansweep, I can use that money to upgrade the speakers, thx from another eddiefrombostn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts