Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a trip to Redding (100°F) and Lassen Volcanic National Park (60-80°) at up to 8500 ft elevation, with some washboard road time included (yay, run the 4WD and 4LO for giggles and exercise). 905 miles at speed varying from 5mph on dirt up to 85mph on various roads.

Got back home, emptied the crap out of the truck, and then noticed this. Was still attached to the truck at the time, but only the top 2" or so of the curve. Never noticed any smell the one time we stopped, or at home. Both the daughter and I thought we heard an occasional flapping noise. Oh well, almost 200k miles. The front two went much earlier, and I put factory back on.

New rears are on order, and need to verify what fasteners I need to replace. Have a few extra nylon studs that I think are left over from the fronts.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, here it is, installed with minor pain. Clearance is tight for my hand and a wrench between the fender and the tire, jacking the body up a bit made the work much easier. Covers the seam where the old flap touched.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably could've just removed the wheel...
Yeah, but I've got a HiLift jack and rock sliders, so why remove the wheel, that's at least 6x more work, one for each lug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
RTFM
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing