Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I sent some feedback to Toyota complaining that their 2012 On Line Manuals were messed up. First there were 96 manuals listed, but when you looked closer there appeared to be three copies of each manual, with only 32 different manuals. Second the Standard Display Audio section which is standard on the XLE seems to be missing, and the index for the whole manual is missing too.

I got a brush off response (not my job). However, when I checked the manuals yesterday, they have made some changes. Still no Display Audio or Index, but now it is down to 64 different manuals, and they are distinguished by A. Up to May 2012 production, or B. From June 2012 production.

Any idea what may have changed in June, that it requires a whole new set of manuals? Could they have started to essentially implement 2013 changes? I believe the one I have on order was produced about May 25, so it would be in the older production run. Wondering what I may have missed...

See this link for the current manual list:

2012 Toyota Camry Manuals On Line

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Toyota's online PDF system is so lame :thumbsdow.

I noticed they make periodic releases without any way of knowing what's different. How does one know which version to download for a given VIN :dunno: - Toyota should take the mystery out of it. I also don't like how they spit the manuals up into tiny files - why is that necessary in this day and age? I want to download one file for each major manual - anyone @ Toyota listening ..... :) .

Both today, and yesterday, I get the following error message (or similar) and cannot seem to download any files related to searching "IPOD":
====
"You’ve Hit A Road Block

Well, this is embarrassing. We can’t find the page you’re looking for. Please click the link below to be redirected to toyota.com/owners."
====

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.