Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, glad I finally found a forum for my new purchase. 2000 Corolla... :D

Just wondering if anyone has any idea on what would be causing my car to not mist. Everything on the windshield wiper arm works, including spray except misting which is quite annoying not to have in Florida.

Wasn't sure if there is a seperate motor/fuse to check or what.

Let me know any ideas you'll might have.
Maria

Edit: Pictures of my previous car... bout 4 years ago..

 

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Welcome!
I guess the first question I'd have is - can you hear the washer fluid pump working when you use the mister? If the pump is working then I'm gonna guess and say that the washer hose or the sprayer nozzel might be clogged/

It's tough to figure out exactly without more info.
 

·
XRS
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
2KRolla said:
There is a mist feature on the right steering wheel "stick" where all the wiper controls are.

When I hit it up, the wipers move although nothing comes out of the washer nozzles.
I don't think fluid is supposed to come out when you use the 'mist'. All it's supposed to do is run your wipers once (up and back down) and that's it.
I think what Toyota means by 'mist' is mist hitting the windshield. Then you use the 'mist' to get rid of it. Done. I think you're getting it confused w/ the driver actually trying to mist the windshield w/ fluid.

If you want fluid, pushing the lever toward you is the only way you're going to get it on your windshield.

BTW, welcome to TN!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rolla-XRS said:
Welcome!
I guess the first question I'd have is - can you hear the washer fluid pump working when you use the mister? If the pump is working then I'm gonna guess and say that the washer hose or the sprayer nozzel might be clogged/

It's tough to figure out exactly without more info.
Something is definately working when I attempt to mist, it appears to be near the firewall on the passenger side, I'm unable to tell if it's the wiper motor though.

Anyone know where this pump is located?

How could the sprayer nozzel be clogged if it works fine when I pull it towards me.

I don't think fluid is supposed to come out when you use the 'mist'. All it's supposed to do is run your wipers once (up and back down) and that's it.
I think what Toyota means by 'mist' is mist hitting the windshield. Then you use the 'mist' to get rid of it. Done. I think you're getting it confused w/ the driver actually trying to mist the windshield w/ fluid.
That may be although the marking on the steering wheel stick looks like there is spose to be a dual action wiper movement and misting of fluid on the windshield.

Does anyone have the same style Corolla and can go try it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mistamatrix said:
If you want fluid, pushing the lever toward you is the only way you're going to get it on your windshield.
You appear to be correct.

The windshield washer fluid pump is located behind the radiator on the passenger side, when I pulled the lever toward me, it began to make a sound. Same thing can't be said when I attempted to "mist."

The washer arm motor is located on the firewall on the passenger side.

So unless anyone's Corolla actually does "mist" my question is figured out.
 

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
That is weird I looked at mine.

I wonder why they have the picture of the squirting AND wiping for the wipe function...?

Anyway what they said is right about there being no "mist" function...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Alright, when you see mist you think its supposed to mist water on the windshied right. The reason it says mist and it doesnt mist is because it simply means if it is lightly raining or "misting" outside, you just have to push the wiper lever down instead of turning on the wipers and turning them right back off. My wife asked me the same thing.
 

·
XRS
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
shame_16 said:
Alright, when you see mist you think its supposed to mist water on the windshied right. The reason it says mist and it doesnt mist is because it simply means if it is lightly raining or "misting" outside, you just have to push the wiper lever down instead of turning on the wipers and turning them right back off. My wife asked me the same thing.
Uh. That's what I said.
 

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Nice Delsol seat in your EK...

im not too sure what model you corrola is but i think (i could be wrong) LE model has the "mist" action.... the VE and CE didn't come with...
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top