Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Watching fastest car on Netflix and always being a speed junky it would be a dream to have a sleeper car. I just don't have people n friends .

·
Slow AF
99 Posts
I wish i had friends and people to help me create a Toyota performance upgrade.
What do you mean by toyota perfomance mod? You want to mod your car to make it better? youy really dont need any friends for that, there are great people and resources here to help you get started modding. check around the boards first and get an idea of cost and availability of the mods your after.
There are turbo kits for the corolla and matrix but this car isnt really a tuning platform. it can be done but there are better candidates

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watching fastest car on Netflix and always being a speed junky it would be a dream to have a sleeper car. I just don't have people n friends .
What do you mean by toyota perfomance mod? You want to mod your car to make it better? youy really dont need any friends for that, there are great people and resources here to help you get started modding. check around the boards first and get an idea of cost and availability of the mods your after.
There are turbo kits for the corolla and matrix but this car isnt really a tuning platform. it can be done but there are better candidates

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would you suggest to give it a little more kick . I k ow it's not the ideal car , don't expect 400 horses . I guess I would be happier if it sounded like a fast car like a spoiling sound of a turbo . I was gonna start with a air intake come thing haha not sure what one to get . I priced a turbo and thought I was look in at 3000 bucks and kinda stopped searching . I wish i was more mechanically inclined I used to have my brother but we don't talk and well my dad we don't talk either

·
Slow AF
99 Posts
What would you suggest to give it a little more kick . I k ow it's not the ideal car , don't expect 400 horses . I guess I would be happier if it sounded like a fast car like a spoiling sound of a turbo . I was gonna start with a air intake come thing haha not sure what one to get . I priced a turbo and thought I was look in at 3000 bucks and kinda stopped searching . I wish i was more mechanically inclined I used to have my brother but we don't talk and well my dad we don't talk either
intakes are pretty easy. you could do an intake and exhaust but that wont net you very many gains... if any at all.
Id say get a K&N cold air or an Airaid. both seem popular here.

as for the turbo sound.... you could get a exhaust turbo whistle but IMHO thats pretty ricey, corollas arent fast and most people know this.

BTW these threads should be a good start for modding.. some links are old so they dont work. some links just dont work at all due to the new site layout. you will have to do some googling.

If you are not mechanically inclined I might suggest steering clear from mods. but youtube is a great resource for helping fix or mod your car.

·
Super Moderator
5,200 Posts
I wish i had friends and people to help me create a Toyota performance upgrade.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,327 Posts
Most mods are not as difficult as you might think. Even the turbo kit that I installed on my 2009 Corolla S was pretty straight forward. Try to get to know people on the forums that live near you. I can't tell you how many times I had other guys that have lived within 100 miles of me come over and I helped them install lowering springs and other goodies. Make your Corolla handle better can make it a lot more fun to drive. Add 100 HP with a turbo kit and you will be smiling ear to ear.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,327 Posts
intakes are pretty easy. you could do an intake and exhaust but that wont net you very many gains... if any at all.
Id say get a K&N cold air or an Airaid. both seem popular here.
When I had my Takeda SRI and Borla exhaust I saw a 12 HP gain on the dyno. It might not be a lot but it was a positive gain and 12HP is better than nothing!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,327 Posts
as for the turbo sound.... corollas arent fast and most people know this.
As for the sound, get a real turbo! And speak for yourself because my Corolla is plenty fast with 230 HP!!!! :D

·
Slow AF
99 Posts
When I had my Takeda SRI and Borla exhaust I saw a 12 HP gain on the dyno. It might not be a lot but it was a positive gain and 12HP is better than nothing!
12 Hp without a tune? That's a pretty decent gain. And yea your right it is better then burning.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Slow AF
99 Posts
I've been looking at getting a turbo. I also found a place online that sells lotus parts and could also pick up the supercharger.. The issue is cost..as I'm in Canada, our Dollar sucks and we get heavy tax on aluminum. That and I only paid 6k for my 2012 matrix... There's nothing wrong with it at all but I have trouble trying to justify dropping another 6-10k into it for turbo and suspension mods and whatnot.

Also when I replied to OP here. They said they looked at a turbo kit but saw the 3k price tag and decided to stop looking.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
So you want a sleeper but you are scare of $3000 dollars?? You want friends?? Get money first and friends will por to you like bees to honey ;)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,327 Posts
I've been looking at getting a turbo. I also found a place online that sells lotus parts and could also pick up the supercharger.. The issue is cost..as I'm in Canada, our Dollar sucks and we get heavy tax on aluminum. That and I only paid 6k for my 2012 matrix... There's nothing wrong with it at all but I have trouble trying to justify dropping another 6-10k into it for turbo and suspension mods and whatnot.

Also when I replied to OP here. They said they looked at a turbo kit but saw the 3k price tag and decided to stop looking.

$3k for a turbo kit that is designed for your car and all of the R&D is expertly done is cheap. Why people think that it's a lot is beyond me. A Lotus supercharger will cost a lot more. If you do the install on the turbo like I did the labor will cost you nothing. My turbo has been reliable and it's been great to have the additional power when needed. :)

Paying less for your car is just a bonus. If you buy a car new you might spend $20k or more. Compare that to a used car for $6k and if you turbocharge it you might be in it for $10k or less. Sounds like a bargain to me.

·
Slow AF
99 Posts
$3k for a turbo kit that is designed for your car and all of the R&D is expertly done is cheap. Why people think that it's a lot is beyond me. A Lotus supercharger will cost a lot more. If you do the install on the turbo like I did the labor will cost you nothing. My turbo has been reliable and it's been great to have the additional power when needed. :)

Paying less for your car is just a bonus. If you buy a car new you might spend $20k or more. Compare that to a used car for $6k and if you turbocharge it you might be in it for $10k or less. Sounds like a bargain to me.
At this point I just cannot justify spending that much on upgrades for my car. Especially since the Canadian dollar is so low. Just not cost effective.

I mentioned the lotus supercharger due to the ease of install.
Regardless for me both are an easy install. I have the tools and space and time just not the nearly 7k it would cost me to buy and ship up to Canada.

Maybe one day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts