Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not looking to rock the boat here but, why couldn't we still have the 2005+ section that brought up the same old board but up at the top, had a sticky for "offroad" "show" and all the rest of the stuff that their's a new "sub-forum" for? does anyone else find it clumsy the way it's setup as of right now?
i mean, their should just be a sticky for " suspension" "performance" "offroad" and the like, shouldn't there?
and before anybody jumps on my shit for "being to lazy" to click the mouse a few more times or whatever, approach it from a common sense angle first. when someone has updated a post you started or were involved in, wouldn't it be easier to see that by looking at the top of the page, rather than having to go to a completely different one and waiting for it to load? (multiply that by however many sub forums their are that you may be interested in knowing about what's going on in)
anyway, like i said, not wanting to start a war or anything but i just thought it would make more sense.

·
Softball God
07 Tacoma V6 SR5 DC
2,096 Posts
Yes, I've seen that on other forums. That's a much better idea.

·
Premium Member
07 DC TRD OR 4x4
1,000 Posts
not looking to rock the boat here but, why couldn't we still have the 2005+ section that brought up the same old board but up at the top, had a sticky for "offroad" "show" and all the rest of the stuff that their's a new "sub-forum" for? does anyone else find it clumsy the way it's setup as of right now?
i mean, their should just be a sticky for " suspension" "performance" "offroad" and the like, shouldn't there?
and before anybody jumps on my shit for "being to lazy" to click the mouse a few more times or whatever, approach it from a common sense angle first. when someone has updated a post you started or were involved in, wouldn't it be easier to see that by looking at the top of the page, rather than having to go to a completely different one and waiting for it to load? (multiply that by however many sub forums their are that you may be interested in knowing about what's going on in)
anyway, like i said, not wanting to start a war or anything but i just thought it would make more sense.
I couldn't agree more, especially with the fact that TN has been very slow lately. I find myself jumping between the general and offroad section, and it takes quite a while.

·
TJOPILOT
2005 Taco TRD DkBlue
200 Posts
For Sale thread

I might have missed this but please tell me there is going to be another FOR SALE thread at the top again. The old floating one was a real pain. And I could give two shits if someone is selling Carolla rims or a Tundra radio. I really hate the common for sale thread.

And I think the server has actually gotten SLOWER!!!!

·
TJOPILOT
2005 Taco TRD DkBlue
200 Posts
Hey Toku, if you are answering me we need to keep the FOR SALE thread at the top and exclusively for the 05 Tacomas. It was so nice when we took it out of the regular threads and added it the permanent threads.

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If the sticky at the top was a direct link to this page would that be O.K.?

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Because I think to have individual sticky's for each would be too much?
i don't know man- to me it would make more sense to do the main ones like the existing sticky's.
something like this at the top of the page:
-offroad
-for sale
-show & share (isn't this the same as the "show your ride" sticky?
-suspension/lift/wheels/tires
those would be the most important ones to most people on this board, in my opinion. then you could put the rest in some other sub-forum if you wanted?
i don't know, i'm just thinking of what would be easiest for the majority.

·
TJOPILOT
2005 Taco TRD DkBlue
200 Posts
I'm with sixshooter, keep it all local. Just add for sale to the list! Sorry to harp. I just have some more shit I need to buy.:lol:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I might have missed this but please tell me there is going to be another FOR SALE thread at the top again. The old floating one was a real pain. And I could give two shits if someone is selling Carolla rims or a Tundra radio. I really hate the common for sale thread.

And I think the server has actually gotten SLOWER!!!!
The server appears to be slower because people have to load many more pages now when switching between forums? Seems like a reasonable assumption. Much more data will be transferred now with all the sub forums because of people switching, thus loading a new page with every click.
I too think it's slower than it was a few days ago.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Ah! O.K. I can look into that to see if it can be done?

I personally don't have the access to make that type of changes. So it will need to be made by the Admin.

But I will look into it for you guys! Give us some time to see if it can be done.
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
The server appears to be slower because people have to load many more pages now when switching between forums? Seems like a reasonable assumption. Much more data will be transferred now with all the sub forums because of people switching, thus loading a new page with every click.
I too think it's slower than it was a few days ago.
No actually they were having issue with the server. They are working on it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No actually they were having issue with the server. They are working on it!:thumbup:
Good to hear it's another reason. Hope they'll get it fixed soon! Thanks for the update! :thumbup:

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
No problem guys!

All of these changes are intended to better your experience here at TN!

So any constructive input will be considered!:thumbup::thumbup:

I have put in a request to have 3 new sticky's added to the general section:

-2005+ Tire/Wheel/Suspension

-Off Road

-Truck Show & Share

These hopefully will be direct links to that area!

Also I have asked to have the "05 Tacoma FS" Sticky restored.

We cannot promise anything!

But it will be considered!:thumbup:

Thanks Guys!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts