Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched already.

I'm new to i4 engines, but not to v6's. I deleted a resonator on a Mercedes c240 before I traded it in for my camry, and the c240 sounded very nice under load. It was not loud, but it purred like a 350z. Will I get the same effect if I delete the resonator on my i4 engine? I'm only looking for a slight increase in sound. I had a magnaflow back in the day, and I don't think I want something that loud for the time being.

I plan on keeping the stocker muffler.

Thanks TN!

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
Yeah why not, I deleted the resonator on my Gen6, but I've got the V6 and dual mufflers though. It'll be tough to say how much better it'll sound since you'll be on stock muffler anyways, might as well swap it out.

·
blah blah blah
2010 Camry SE V6
189 Posts
to be honest its not gonna do much for ya. i had mine removed on my scion tc ( same engine) and it didnt sound all that much different with the stock exhaust on... though with an aftermarket exhaust it was pretty loud and raspy.

on a V6 though you wouldn't get the rasp and id say go for it... im having mine removed on Friday :)

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
^ i wanna hear it :)

what exhaust do you have?

·
blah blah blah
2010 Camry SE V6
189 Posts
borla... its to quite for me so i figure id liven it up a bit... maybe now ill be able to hear it over my CAI lol

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
i4 with v6 TRD exhaust here. The v6 doesn't have the resonator compared to the i4 TRD exhaust. It sounds mean even if one side is in ;)

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
borla... its to quite for me so i figure id liven it up a bit... maybe now ill be able to hear it over my CAI lol
yes thats what i have...def wanna hear some sound clips

·
Registered
2011 camry SE
105 Posts
I have searched already.

I'm new to i4 engines, but not to v6's. I deleted a resonator on a Mercedes c240 before I traded it in for my camry, and the c240 sounded very nice under load. It was not loud, but it purred like a 350z. Will I get the same effect if I delete the resonator on my i4 engine? I'm only looking for a slight increase in sound. I had a magnaflow back in the day, and I don't think I want something that loud for the time being.

I plan on keeping the stocker muffler.

Thanks TN!

i have a 2011 camry se i4 but it has the 2.5 liter engine which idk if its that much different then the 2.4 in the 2009 and down

but the se has a y pipe with 2 mufflers, and i removed both mufflers and just put straight pipes sticking in its place with after market tips

its a nice sound and its pretty loud

u can just go to ur exhaust shop and ask them to take the bolts off the muffler and then u can start the car to see if u like the sound, if not u can just bolt it back on

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's a tad too loud, shouldn't a magnaflow also quiet it down rather than just a straight pipe? Just trying to see my options I have. Thanks!

·
blah blah blah
2010 Camry SE V6
189 Posts
yes thats what i have...def wanna hear some sound clips
well i had it done and honestly it would be hard to hear if i took a sound clip as my camera doesnt do low/deep sound very well. its a bit louder and meaner/deeper sounding and i can now hear it over the cai. it wont however wake your neighbors up at night or cause massive drone on the highway. for me this is just perfect

i ended up paying 75 bucks to replace the resonator with a straight pipe.. it may have been a bit to much but i got it done. then again i got my borla for like $275 so im making out alright in cost for my exhaust setup :)

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
^ i wanna hear it! :)

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
i have the V6 with the borla exhaust and resonator delete...sounds great. Still a bit quiet tho. Cant hear it over the intake when your on it

·
blah blah blah
2010 Camry SE V6
189 Posts
i have the V6 with the borla exhaust and resonator delete...sounds great. Still a bit quiet tho. Cant hear it over the intake when your on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4lm4jRwJ4
thanks blackcamse for posting that :)

yeah its still not a super loud exhaust but thats something i dont need these days with being a family man with kids lol. but the car doesn't really drone only if your like cruising 80 mph on the highway, at 65-70 it sounds almost the same as before which is good. when warmed up is sounds really nice :)

i like how you mentioned about the 2-4k range that you can now hear the exhaust over the intake.. totally true :) before the intake used to drown out the sound from the exhaust completely lol

to me this is a perfect combo between the sound coming from the CAI and the sound from the exhaust. definitely doesnt sound like a camry anymore haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts