Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Modded S2000
01 S2000, 94 Camry
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wuts up guys. i figured id show off a few new goodies for the camry. i got 18 inch bronze volk te37's and a sparco monza wheel. :whatwhat: the wheels are sooo nice. the pics cant describe them theyre so light too. i was carrying them with one hand, one in each hand, to the car from my garage to the driveway which is liek 200 yards like i was holding a bag of sugar. theyre insane. so much lighter than the old black 18's i had...which i still have...and may or may not be selling. lol and the sparco steering wheel...well, that just looks cool. and its suede. and it matches my car. so there. yea. :lol:

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
looks sweet man. your shifter fooled me at first.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
the wheels are hot and the car looks good :thumbup:

but fill up that second exhaust hole and I'm not feeling the steering wheel at all :bleh:

·
Modded S2000
01 S2000, 94 Camry
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep its an automatic. i just hate how auto shifters look. and i would fill up the hole with another muffler but most dual exhausts sound horrible and i dont want that happening to me bc it sounds good now. i probably will try it and if it sounds bad then take it back off and leave it single. but how are you going to hate on the sparco?! lol i love that wheel. :sosad:

·
PICKLE GANGSTER
3,210 Posts
I'd like the wheel better in black. And the tach is a pet peave of mine. If the one you have works you shouldn't have it. Otherwise the car looks good. Love the wheels.

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
to each his own but to me.. the molded body kit/ extra exhaust hole/ painted interior and tach yell out tacky.

but if you like it, then more power to ya.

·
Audiophile on a budget
1,196 Posts
1. do a better job on your tails. could use some clear coat. unless you're a fan of that dirty flat black look.
2. PLEASE ditch the tach/shift light
3. speaker grills anybody? Unless you have some Seas Excels under there, don't show 'em off.
4. nice volks.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
woah takeabao havent seen you post in a while

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
For the most part I'm loving the car, and I gotta say I like the steering wheel too. But as the guys said I would cover up that second exhaust hole, and get rid of the tach.

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
Nice. Very nice.

Things I would change personally:
1. Un-paint those taillights or re-do them a much lighter smoke. Pretty sure what you have right now is illegal, dims output, and plus it really isn't looking that great as it is right now.
2. Fill up your turn signal holes with the aussie lights.
3. Drop the car about 1/2" all around just to fill the gap a bit better without going slammed.
4. Ditch the tach/shift light. You already have a tach, and you drive an auto.
5. Use some bondo or something to fill up the other exhaust hole on the driver's side.
6. Get some speaker covers.
7. Lose the cross-hatched grille up front.
8. Find the center caps for your wheels.
9. Get a tint.

Oh and what's up with the non color matched interior? You've got the tan interior with black/white leather and a blue steering wheel going on here.

·
Toyota 4 Life
Supra and Camry
983 Posts
The color for some reason looks fake, and i dont like the body kit, but other wise get a good color and take the bod off and drop it and with thoes wheels it could look killer

·
Modded S2000
01 S2000, 94 Camry
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahhhh, where to start. well first off, the covers are off of the speakers bc i chose them to be. i have the covers for them. but the dork that i am, the speakers were a xmas present and they light up blue and it looks cool at night. :lol: the seats are seat covers and im actually getting new seats this week. new sparco sprints. im actually debating on whether geting black spracos or blue ones to go with the rest of the color scheme? but if i got blue it might be too mcuh u know? idk. opinions?
i def do want some of those aussie lights i just havent gotten around to getting any. i want the clear ones not the orange ones. and lastly, the tach is there for a purpose. somehow, i have no clue how, but the tach wiring is messed up. i got a new gauge cluster and everything works except the tach. i took it to a guy who worked at a shop and he literally worked on it for two full days and couldnt do anything for it. so he told me the only thing he knew was to throw a tach up there, so thats what i did. i hate not seeing my rpm's, whether it be manual or not, so i wanted a tach.

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
well, it is a work in progress, the rims are a good choice, but the cluster I would have gotten another one to see if it was only that, as the tack takes so much away, the paint, I am not big on, though I would keep the interior back as possible, and do new carpet on the floor, it'll be sooooo worth it in the end

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Im definately gonna keep the critical stuff to a minimum because everyone else pretty much covered it- the wheels are no doubt the nicest thing on your car.

I actually like that spoiler as well... slightly more agressive than the oem lip spoiler but still reasonable- any info on where you picked that up?

Im with everone else though- you have some nice things with the wheels, steering wheel, and possibly new seats. Those are really nice top-name parts that are quality- you need to bring the rest of the car up to that level. A lot of what is left is choosing an interior theme and sticking with it, as well as polishing up the exterior a bit. Its a really nice start though:thumbup:

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Nice volks malaka, but like i said, theyd look better on my car.... wanna trade???? :lol: The wheel is also very nice, and i cant wait to see the seats your gonna get. I really wanna get some brides for mine :) .

·
Modded S2000
01 S2000, 94 Camry
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
yea i just kinda noticed, with everyone pointing stuff out, that my car is kinda ghetto. :lol: i mean not bad. but for a car that looks as good as mine, it has a lot of ghetto perks to it that most good looking cars dont have. i def want the clear bumper lights tho. im debating on POSSIBLY getting some eibach pro kit's that are a 1 inch drop bc i cant lower it much or ill scrape it constantly. the interior could def use work tho. im getting a buddy of mine at custom autoworks to hook me up with a carpet company to do an all black carpeting and then i guess ill get some black floormats. once i get tired of seeing blue flashes at night, ill stuff the speaker covers back on. BUT IM NOT CHANGING MY TAILS!!!:D :disappoin i am set in stone on my tails...i love them. your peer pressure will not work on me!! :lol: but the most important thing...what color seats?!?!? im DEF getting sparco sprints, probably on tuesday ill be ordering them. and they only come in 3 colors...red, blue and black. obviously im not going to get red. the blue would be a perfect match for the steering wheel but it might be too much blue. the black would be nice and i could throw in blue harnesses. i need opinions on this so i can decide!! :whatwhat: :confused:

·
Modded S2000
01 S2000, 94 Camry
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and Damon you can finally say that there is another gen 3 owner on TN with bronze wheels other than you!! :clap: now me and you have something in common bc we both have hot bronze wheels...mine are just half the weight. :eek:hyeah:

·
Gangsta SC400 & 5.7Tundra
3,836 Posts
Good work on the new goodies. Don't worry about what others think as long as you like it.

All your tails need is a good Clear coat and buffing. I have a set in smoke and trust me they look hot with some glossy ass paint!!

Here is a tutorial for you.

http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92114

Now about being ghetto, most guys on here that gave you feedback, their cars are ghetto.... INCLUDING My car... lol

Also on the volks, do some 15mm spacers to push them out for a aggressive look. Get COs... You could lower it to your liking and you will not be bottoming out on bumps and dips..

1 - 20 of 94 Posts