Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 87 Celica gt convertible for my daughter for xmas. Tha car is a 1 owner car with 80,000 mi on it, and is in very good condition. Are there any low cost mods to get more speed and better throttle response and acceleration. Also, the heater doesn't work, just blows cold air. I did another search, and found a common problem with the solder joints on the heater control head. Has anybody had any experience in fixing this problem. Also any common problems I should know about or advice on this car would be appreciated, Thanks.............................Dave

· Registered
1,581 Posts
I did the solder joint repair on the heater control. It's pretty easy. Take the plastic trim off the dash around the heater. Remove the heater controls. Take it apart carefully so you don't break the board. There are two boards in the control. The inner one is where I found the problem, where the main wire harness plugs into the board. I had a lighted magnifying glass so they were pretty easy to see and resolder. Without one it is kind of tough to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.