Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:hyeah:Found & bought the 1st car I ever owned! a 1980 corona for $450.00. All original! Only needs new front seats, carburator, tires, new/weld exhaust pipe "lil rust hole", a minor valave job. My uncle is an old school toyota mechanic & gets a stiffy just working on an old Yota. He is making all these repairs for $375.00. tags exp since 2003 so registering it will run close to $400 in California. My uncle said engine itself is strong & if anything he will make any other repairs. The interior is all original, body intact with all emblems & grillsand even oem hub caps!, electrical in working order with oem am fm stereo still working!... so for about $1,300.00 i am getting a reliable lexus of the 80's. the body is in tact just 2 small dents. my boy at a local shop doing job for $600.00 to repaint it thinking of going a new 09 lexus beige color code. So this is my neweset edition to my toyota Poor-man's stable next to my 2000 celica gt-s and my wifes 07 solara sle .. this car was the 1st car I drove yey back in 1999 a lil after highschool .

Soon I'll be rolling like its 1980 in the lexus of the 80's:smokin:, except for the Disco, tons of Blow,Ronald Regan, and the gas prices. WISH they brought back one of them .. take a guess which one.... of course I meant Gas prices:naughty:

here is the car the day i towed it...

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
Good luck dude, keep us informed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice score

very nice and wagons are best but to be rolling in a lexus of the 80's you would need a Cressida. it and the Supra were the biggest and best in the line up

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
very nice and wagons are best but to be rolling in a lexus of the 80's you would need a Cressida. it and the Supra were the biggest and best in the line up
Your point?

·
Registered
25 Posts
my point

if its the lexus of the 80's then it would be a cressida. didnt know you were easily hurt or felt i was saying anything bad about coronas. far from it just clarifying. it would be like saying a pick up is no different from a land cruiser

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
if its the lexus of the 80's then it would be a cressida. didnt know you were easily hurt or felt i was saying anything bad about coronas. far from it just clarifying. it would be like saying a pick up is no different from a land cruiser
You're making assumptions. I was hoping you were trying to add something technical to the discussion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guys I need a little help...i need the pipe that runs accross the top of the exhaust manifold & runs towards the back & connects to a valve i believ its some kind of emmissions valave... what is it called so I can fins it???

·
Corona is gone.
86 Pickup
863 Posts
You can't get that pipe anymore. You'll have to plug the holes up and disconnect the EGR valve.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can't get that pipe anymore. You'll have to plug the holes up and disconnect the EGR valve.

Its actually called an air tube & the Yota dealer said they only have 4 in stock in the US for $95.00 a pop. I will hit a local wrecking yard this weekend if I cant locate one I guess I have to spend dealer bucks for the part.

·
bilt not bot
399 Posts
you can look in pickups/hilux, corona's, and celica's up to about 81ish for that tube.

or you could grab the newer tri-y cast manifold out of a 82-83ish celica or pickup, with a newer manifold design and different air tube design. but it would still hook up and work with existing emissions crap.

for the record...

crown begat cressida begat lexus LS
corona begat camry begat... well its a pos soccer mom car now

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
+1
Crown - Cressida - LS
Corona - Camry/ES

nice find! MOAR PICS!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts