Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy with it so far. Had a '97 Previa AWD prior. Bought this van from a dealer that sells used cars from their Toyota dealer, I guess it's a satelite dealer. Anyway, the van has 45,000 on it, everything looks good. My question is......since this was traded in to Toyota, should it have been a "Toyota Certified" vehicle? What qualifies one to be "Certified"? Also, is there something I can do to get an idea of the maintenance in the past? Can a mechanic give me a good idea by going over it? My only real concern is the oil issue, I don't know if previous owner changed the oil as needed.

Anything I should check?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oil issue was with earlier model (last year was 2003).

"Toyota Certified" normally means that they will sell you an extended warranty. It's not like they rip your engine and tranny to see if everything is good.

Your regular power train warranty is up to 60 000 miles. Hence, if you want to be save you could replace the coolant, tranny and oil. Nothing else is required in terms of maintenance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. They offered the extended warranty but I didn't get it as I've owned over 13 Toyotas in the past and some of them had well over 300,000 miles with no problems. That's why we only buy Toyota.

Thank's again.

If someone else reads this, where is the OD? I don't see it anywhere around the shifter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts