Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '05 Tundra and am stunned at the deal I got. I am trying to figure out if I am missing something and was hoping to find out if anyone else has bought one lately.

I am in Southern California. I went in to test drive and was planning on getting an '04. They had a bad selection and they ended up taking me out in an '05. They put the squeeze on as I was leaving and I just said no I have others I want to test drive. The reality is that I know a fleet dealer and he said he could get me an '04 at around invoice so i just needed to test drive it. Well, they started pushing hard about the '05 talking about more horsepower etc... Finally I just said if you give me the '05 for invoice and the 2k rebate that I would get on the '04 then I would do it. They obviously couldn't since the '04 has 2k and the '05 just has 750 rebate. So I just said no i'll wait. They kept pushing and finally offered it at 380 below invoice! I was stunned and at that point I basically figured that I has paying 870 more for a brand new '05 with way more horsepower. So I pulled the trigger.

This guy was really desperate to sell one that night (he claimed he hadn't sold a new car all day).

This is not a gloating type post. I just want to find out if this deal was as great as it sounds or if everyone getting '05 Tundra's for invoice?

Finally, I will always go shopping on a weeknight right before the dealer closes since he was really motivated to get the deal that night.

Good luck to those of you looking to purchase. It appears that Toyota must be having to deal more given all the rebates on the other trucks. I must say the Tundra's ride is WAY better than any of the others. It was night and day between the tundra and the ram 1500. I liked the power of the ram, but with the ride left a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's great... what dealer did you go to? I'm actually looking at buying one right now, but no one has the color w/options I want in stock. And since I just bought an 04 Tacoma in January, I owe too much right now and no one wants to give me an even trade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steve here...
Bought an 05 Tundra last month... Can't really come up with real numbers because i had a trade, very fair deal though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts