Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to share my excitement! I just won a set of H&R lowering springs for my 1994 camry on ebay. No one else bid, I got the set brand new for $130 shipped. I wasnt planning on suspension yet but this deal was too good to pass up. I spent the last few nights reading every thread on TN about the springs and suspension in general of the Camry and Im very excited. I wont be installing them until spring; this gives me time to shop for struts (tokico blues hopefully) and maybe a sway bar. I want to do everything at once as far as suspension. Will I need a camber kit for this setup?
Just wanted to share, Ill keep you guys posted. And big thanks to eniffey for posting these springs- without you I never would have seen them!

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i was planning on the whiteline sway bar just because it seems just a bit less complicated, but I am undecided. Ive still got some research to do on sway bars, Im definately doing my homework before I go through with this; I want to make sure I dont put the reliability of my vehicle at risk.

and as for a strut tower brace, maybe?? might as well while Im in there.

Thanks Phi, I just wanted to make sure that my tires will not wear abnormally/prematurely.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I loved my old H&R springs but they just didn't give me the drop I wanted:( Enjoy them, they're good springs:thumbup:

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Badabing...

I just picked up my car from the shop...

Besides my sickly auto tran swap and new shafts, I installed shitza I had in the closet for six months.

H&Rs, Tockico inserts and that Whiteline RSB. Freak Baby..:)

I got the the smoooooth ride. Its freaking rocks.

Got Michelin Pilots 215/50-17s on there earlier and I likes it.

This combination works great, H&Rs give it a great stance.
The front is lowered more than the rear (for me) so the headlights are whack in the dirt...

All the stories about Tockico being too hard - all I got to say is what a bunch of whiners, it feels great. I used to think of my Cam as the fat lady on high heels. Now she is low, close to the ground and freaking corners like a new coupe. The front feels heavy now,not the rear. No regrets. That thing used to roll in corners, now its flat.

The springs...well, I wanted a moderate drop and I got what I wanted. The big gap in the front is gone and the rear has enough distance between wheel and fender that it makes it look good. Looks stock, but people stop and look. No shit.

Dang, I had so much fun that I took the long way home. About 40 miles worth.

Congrats on the springs dysk8forlife, do the shocks at the same time and spring for the sway bar if you can.

But thats just my opinion....

Will post pics this weekend, after I clean it up.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^:D

that is just awesome to hear man, now Im even more excited! I plan on doing the struts and swaybar as well as the springs, all at once. Not sure about a strut tower brace, it probably wont be necessary with all of the other goodies, but it may help. Keep me posted on the ride man :)

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
LOL, I have burned a tank since (220, slightly heavy footed). I havent even cleaned the black fingerprints from the alignment job. Just driving and not taking freeways if there are twisties, even though on/off ramps are fun. Sweepers at speed - you name it, it's all good. It corners flat and quit nose diving in braking. Brakes are next though.
I do feel a little more stiffness and harshness, but its not too hard. The car just feels more sporty.
Any regrets? Not at all. Did it the way I wanted and it exceeded my expectations.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got my springs today! they look sweet, but Ive got a question. It says the springs are for camry, part number 54682 on the packing slips. However, the springs are marked with a number that reads "29780" Should these numbers correspond? or is that just a different code? Can anyone with a gen 3 4 cyl with H&R springs verify that their numbers are the same? I really hope they didnt send me the wrong ones... thanks guys.

Damon

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Urgent H&R Spring Help

Hey guys, I just got my springs for my 94 4cyl camry from H&R. I noticed the part number printed on the springs was different; it was for the 97-01 Camry. The company I got them from said they were misprinted form the H&R factory. Below is a pic of the springs, can anyone tell me if these look right for the gen 3? I want to make sure they are correct and Im not being lied to before I put them on. Thank you very much guys.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know the part number is for the generation four springs, the number that is stamped on my springs. the store I bought them from said that this was mis[rinted at the H&R factory. Do the springs posted look like generation three springs? I cant tell if they lkook correct.

And thanks for combining these forums, I shouldnt have made two.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can anyone verify that the pictured springs are designed for a gen3? I have a hard time believing h&r printed the wrong item number on them. thanks.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
the h&r springs that i got were all red ones if that helps you out...i dunno the part # right now cuz i have no idea where the box is at....

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
physically, they look gen 3 to me.. but then again, im pretty sure (well not really) gen 3 and 4 springs are interchangable... just heights may be different.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
I got red HR springs too from CT Motorsport. I wish I could help you but I didn't take any pictures before I put them on. I don't quite remember the spring on the right though. Mine didn't seem to have that many dead coils and seemed more conical in shape. Then again I have a V6 and it might be slightly different.
I would contact HR or distributors to confirm this story.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will contact H&R right now, but if anyone else thinks these look correct let me know. It doesn't seem a company like H&R would make such a mistake, but it also doesn't seem an ebay vendor with so much positive feedback would screw me over, I hope I can figure this out.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
those h&r springs on page 1 look like the right ones....the one on the left is for the front and the one on the right is for the rear?? :dunno:

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
yep, left is front, right is rear. I really hope theyre right. would there be any visual difference between the springs of a 97-01 cam and a 92-96 cam? I thought there would be, but maybe not.

i cant call H&R til monday, I already tried but no luck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts