Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hates Knockoffs...
2005 Scion xB
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
damn, i need a new camera...

nice shots!
 

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
the g7 is impressive but with all compact high mp cameras theres going to be issues.

great buy tho. I was almost about to buy one but i think im going to either wait for an S4IS or buy the XTi.

Cool night shots tho. I assume that was with a tripod.
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nodrogkam said:
the g7 is impressive but with all compact high mp cameras theres going to be issues.

great buy tho. I was almost about to buy one but i think im going to either wait for an S4IS or buy the XTi.

Cool night shots tho. I assume that was with a tripod.

Yes I used a tripod...
And I thought of buying an SLR like the Canon Rebel 400D or Canon EOS 5D. But instead I bought a High-End Advance Point-N-Shot because for the money its good enough for what I'm after... Plus Rebel XTi has just the Digic 2 vs G7's Digic 3 processor...

Think about it ... I got my G7 w/ Tripod, extra battery, 3 year extended warranty, mini desk tripod, 4GB SD HC and a 8GB SD HC memory card, Canon Conversion Lens adapter, Canon Semi Hard Leather case, Vanguard aluminum carry case, Canon Telephoto lense, Canon Wide angle lense, Fisheye Lense, and Canon SpeedLite 430EX. For less than what the rebel xti with standard lense and extended warranty and a $1500 dollars less than the 5D by itself...

All I'm saying is why buy an SLR if you aint a proffesional photographer or a advanced hobbist... When you can get just as good of a picture with a advanced point and shoot ...
 

·
08 XR
Matrix XR
Joined
·
672 Posts
the 4gb and 8gb works with the canon? i remember buying my s3 and they said it wasnt good practice to use anything higher than 1gb
 

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
yes what you say is indeed true. And having a video option is always nice.

well if canon ever decides to come out with the S4 IS (I'M PRAYING THEY MOVE FROM AA BATTS TO LIion), I will definately get that.

I currently have an S30, S1 IS, and an SD400.

Welll although we may not be advanced photographers, you must admit the type of contrast SLR's offer in their photos are easy to see. At least to me i can pick out what was taken with an SLR and what wasnt (assuming both photographers have some idea of what they were doing with their cameras).

i'm sorry, how much did all that jazz cost you? 0.0 haha that sounds like an impressive list of items.
and yes DIGIC 3 is an awesome new processor. Man i thought digic 2 was fast...but i can only imagine how fast and how well digic 3 works...i'll have to test a g7 out soon.
 

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
saybakgung said:
the 4gb and 8gb works with the canon? i remember buying my s3 and they said it wasnt good practice to use anything higher than 1gb
the larger the memory card the slower read/write speeds tend to be. you pay a much higher price tag to get a large mem card with high read/write speeds. moreover, the % of memory you can use off of an advertised 4gb card is less than the % of memory you can use on a 1gb card.

The pro's of larger memory cards are you simply don't need to carry spares around.

And believe it or not, the brand of memory card actually makes a difference in the photos you store on them. (of course for the regular consumer it makes no difference at all).
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
saybakgung said:
the 4gb and 8gb works with the canon? i remember buying my s3 and they said it wasnt good practice to use anything higher than 1gb

the new powershots take SD or SD HC (HC = High Capacity)
I called Canon Technical to clarify whats the max SD card I could go with.. They said if they ever make a 16GB SD HC card dont go above that ... But 8GB is well worth it ... Because I'm going to use this as a Digital Camera / Video Camera which is just as good as my freaking Panasonic PV-GS250 was... video quality wise

nodrogkam said:
the larger the memory card the slower read/write speeds tend to be. you pay a much higher price tag to get a large mem card with high read/write speeds. moreover, the % of memory you can use off of an advertised 4gb card is less than the % of memory you can use on a 1gb card.

The pro's of larger memory cards are you simply don't need to carry spares around.

And believe it or not, the brand of memory card actually makes a difference in the photos you store on them. (of course for the regular consumer it makes no difference at all).
Totally agreed with you on the memory cards... I used most SanDisk or Ultra's for my cameras but for my CellPhone I used Kingston or the other 2... But I buy my memory cards @ www.ZipZoomFly.com the 8GB cost me $119.99 USD shipped and the 4GB cost me $129.99 shipped...
 

·
toot toot ahhhh beep beep
is300
Joined
·
537 Posts
nice!

the G7 is an awesome camera.
i got a s3 is for xmas and was debating on returning it and paying the difference for a G7 or an xti. but decided to wait til next year to upgrade

congrats!
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nodrogkam said:
the 2nd one is the bomb. using full auto or full manual?
Manual on exposure and shutter speed while keeping the focus on auto...
 

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
I seriously like that camera! Sick pics! Like the night shot! I wished where i lived theres scenery like that!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top